Trusted Contributor

Have You Received Your Stimulus Payment?

My husband is on Social Security and it's always direct deposited into our bank account.   He has not received his stimulus money yet?  Have those of you also on Social Security received yours?

As for me, I'm not receiving Social Security yet, and I file our taxes by paper without any direct deposit information included, so I guess I have a long wait.  Are there any of you similar to me that did receive a paper check?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Received Your Stimulus Payment?

@BunSnoop  I have not received mine, but I am not sure that I will get one.  I did owe taxes, mailed them on Monday, and they were cashed by Treasury on Wednesday.  I could not believe how fast they deposited my check.  Now, if only the stimulus payments were as quick!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My mom got hers earlier this week, she is on SS. 

We are still working and got ours as well.

Honored Contributor

I'm on Social Security and received my payment this past Tuesday or Wednesday.  Direct deposit.

Honored Contributor

I understood that many will not be seeing them well into September.... so do not plan to get it anytime soon.

Respected Contributor

I haven't received a tax refund in at least 20 years, so IF I get a stimulus payment, it will certainly be in the form of a paper check. I'm not holding by breath for it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The checks haven't gone out yet. It'll be a while.

No payment in our bank accounts yet and the IRS Get My Payment website can't seem to identify us. I paid our 2018 taxes with a cashiers check, which I always do and we always owe, and used Turbotax. That combo seems to be something that is causing the website to not identify taxpayers. Maybe they'll iron that out. I'll check every so often.

Did you try the IRS website to see if you can enter your bank info?

Most likely a check for some amount will show up out of the blue in August. That'll be nice. I'm so grateful we aren't desperate for it like many are. (ETA: I didn't mean that in a snarky way. Or to imply anything bad about other posters!)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

My Aunt who is on SS, received her stimulus check, on Wednesday. 

She had filed an income tax return for 2018, and always used direct deposit. 

It's none of my business, and it doesn't matter, if I understand or not, but, I don't understand not using direct deposit. It's easy and so much faster.  

Esteemed Contributor

Mine landed in bank Wed - the same day of the week when SSI is deposited.  Perhaps that's a guide to how it's working.  Just an idea.

(and second Wed of the month)

Honored Contributor

We have not received ours yet.  Though  we provide our direct deposit information with our returns, we have had to pay federal taxes the last 2 years, so they didn't record the direct deposit info.

My husband and I both draw social security and get direct deposit for that so our stimulus payment will show up eventually. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?