Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Watched Something

@noodleann TV Guide gave  Roadkill 2 1/2 stars out of 5, so you may be disappointed.

Valued Contributor

Hey wait.My friend said the Hubie thing maybe Halloween was great! I thought yeah but we don't have a lot of the same tastes.Thanks for heads up @ qvcfreak.
I give up on shows that are no interest cause ones I've seen like that NEVER get better!
Honored Contributor

I can't watch a movie all the way through if I don't like it. I have never walked out of a theatre but my daughter's inlaws walked out after 20 minutes of The Wolf Of Wall Street, they said the language alone was so awful they couldn't watch it........

For me, I will just stop watching if I don't like it or for whatever reason it doesn't grab me!

Honored Contributor

The only time I stick it out is if I'm really scared. When I've read scary books or watched scary movies, I felt the need to get to the end where the bad guy gets what's coming to him or her and the good guy gets back home or starts fresh, wiser for the experience. I generally avoid those types of books and shows these days. No need to make myself afraid of pretend things when there are real things to manage anxiety about.

Generally if I don't like the viewpoint of the writer or it feels like a show is jerking my emotions around excessively (hello Greys Anatomy) I dump the show never to return. Too many great options out there to waste my time slogging through something that is supposed to be entertaining.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

It depends on what mood I'm in I guess.  I've tried to watch a couple old TV series and movies that I'd never seen but always had high praise.  After 15 minutes I decide I don't like it and turn it off.  But then I've also come across a few dumb movies and sat and watched the whole thing.