Esteemed Contributor

Have You Ever Dropped A Temptations Piece?

I had my first real "fatality" yesterday while setting the food out. I dropped a full bowl of stuffing that was in one of my temptations pieces. Right out of the oven. Man, oh man, does that stuff send out shards of ceramic. Perhaps because it was so hot, but what a mess. Fortunately, I had plenty of stuffing, but it was a disaster none-the-less. Smiley Frustrated

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Dropped A Temptations Piece?

@pattypeep Yikes I hope that you found all of those shards before someone gets one in their foot.Too bad that happened but great that you had more stuffing.Hope the rest of your meal went well and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in the same boat. I dropped my whole plate of food on the floor, yesterday. Thank goodness it was tile.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately temptations has a history of cracking and shattering. My meal of chicken cacciatore was destroyed the same way. It is not pretty and darn annoying. You handled it like a pro and the meal went on and I bet the dinner was enjoyed by all.

I did not drop my dish and the product failure occurred.

Honored Contributor

Over the years I have seen so many QVC people talk about Temptation failures, I don’t know how they keep selling them. 

A hug for everyone that had a kitchen disaster (🦃). 

Honored Contributor

When the poster said she dropped the bowl on the hard floor how is that a temptations failure ?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

When the poster said she dropped the bowl on the hard floor how is that a temptations failure ?

@151949

I know you are Temptations biggest fan and get very upset when others don’t feel the same as you do.

I hope you are able to see that I did not refer my comments to the tile floor incident, but to the MANY people over the years I have seen report Temptation failures.

Honored Contributor

No not Temptations but I dropped my 13x9 Pyrex dish and lots of shards of glass everywhere (many moons ago)!

Sorry you had that misfortune but glad it was NOT another Temptation "disaster story" just Human error!

I forget what it is but someone here may know the "trick" for sweeping up those tiny shards of glass.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

No not Temptations but I dropped my 13x9 Pyrex dish and lots of shards of glass everywhere (many moons ago)!

Sorry you had that misfortune but glad it was NOT another Temptation "disaster story" just Human error!

I forget what it is but someone here may know the "trick" for sweeping up those tiny shards of glass.

@homedecor1

Reportedly, the new Pyrex pieces are nothing like they used to be and they can shatter with high heat.

I have a few pieces of my mothers and hang on to those.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Noel7 wrote:

homedecor1 wrote:

@homedecor1

Reportedly, the new Pyrex pieces are nothing like they used to be and they can shatter with high heat.

I have a few pieces of my mothers and hang on to those.

Yeah, it's really a shame that Pyrex went from using Borosilicate glass to soda lime glass, some years back.  Smiley Sad    it's still going to be better and more integrous than Temptations, of course, plus it's profoundly more attractive, but it's sad that they made that change in the type of glass.

I also have some old Pyrex and Corning Ware that I wouldn't trade for anything.  I do have a couple of newer (probably 10-15 years old) Pyrex bakers and so far, so good.  But I'm very careful that they don't go from oven to a hard or cold surface.  Silicone trivets are invaluable.  Smiley Happy