Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Dropped A Temptations Piece?

@homedecor1 wrote:

No not Temptations but I dropped my 13x9 Pyrex dish and lots of shards of glass everywhere (many moons ago)!

Sorry you had that misfortune but glad it was NOT another Temptation "disaster story" just Human error!

I forget what it is but someone here may know the "trick" for sweeping up those tiny shards of glass.

@homedecor1  After sweeping up as much as possible, I would use a damp cloty/towel or microfiber cloth to get the teeny pieces up.  I have dogs so have to be so determined in getting every bit of broken glass off the floor.

Honored Contributor

thank you @mousiegirl

I knew someone on here would know the best way to get all the glass - hopefully I won't be breaking anything soon (especially a mirror!)

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep that would be possible but almost every temptations "wire rack" and some have a insert "rattan bottom" / or lid it to cover the bottom of the dish.  I haven't bought any NEWER ones in few years.

I'm glad no one was hurt and I rarely bake in mine.  But, that topic has been discussed so much over the years -  its probably better to just use them as serving pieces.  I have to admit my table always looks beautiful when I use them!

Esteemed Contributor

Bake in my TT almost daily.  Right now, as a matter of fact.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

thank you @mousiegirl

I knew someone on here would know the best way to get all the glass - hopefully I won't be breaking anything soon (especially a mirror!)

@homedecor1  I usually dampen the microfiber cloth as I think it picks up better.  You may have to toss the cloth afterward as teeny pieces may embed in the cloth.