Valued Contributor

Have Comcast?? PLEASE check QVC on their guide.

This is so annoying to me. I don't watch much QVC live and prefer to record everything that interests me and then I can quickly skim through a show. So because I prefer to watch this way, I always record shows of interest as far as the guide goes. This is not a problem on any other of the 100's of stations but ALWAYS with QVC. You are supposed to be able to record two weeks out with XFinity but currently I can only record QVC through Thursday........................so 5 days. Is this a QVC issue? I assume so being as I can record HSN for two weeks out.

I'm going to be out of town for a week so I guess I won't be recording any shows during that time. So I'll save some money and QVC will lose some sales.

Anyone else with Comcast have this issue? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Have Comcast?? PLEASE check QVC on their guide.

i have comcast but i dont have a DVR so i dont think i can check for you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sunshine. Appreciate it. Hopefully someone who has the Cable Package can check their online Guide for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QPrincess wrote:

This is so annoying to me. I don't watch much QVC live and prefer to record everything that interests me and then I can quickly skim through a show. So because I prefer to watch this way, I always record shows of interest as far as the guide goes. This is not a problem on any other of the 100's of stations but ALWAYS with QVC. You are supposed to be able to record two weeks out with XFinity but currently I can only record QVC through Thursday........................so 5 days. Is this a QVC issue? I assume so being as I can record HSN for two weeks out.

I'm going to be out of town for a week so I guess I won't be recording any shows during that time. So I'll save some money and QVC will lose some sales.

Anyone else with Comcast have this issue? TIA

I have Comcast, but no DVR. You may want to post

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/bd-p/CTV_Equip and or

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/tvcomcast

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

I just checked and I have 2 weeks of programming.  What I didn't check is if the shows can be DVR'd simply because I haven't been interested in the Q's programming that far ahead.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Hi, Sun, you and me both, I still use my VCR's and they work just fine and dont have to pay Comcast any more than I already do !!  Went to Corner Stable last nite, good crab cake and ribs, so crowded in there, hope all is good.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Hi, Sun, you and me both, I still use my VCR's and they work just fine and dont have to pay Comcast any more than I already do !!  Went to Corner Stable last nite, good crab cake and ribs, so crowded in there, hope all is good.

hi shel!!!

we have on demand so i rarely need to use anything to record. i know what you mean.....we pay comcast a small fortune for their services!

corner stable is one of our favorite bbq places.....and they have wonderful fried chicken also. it is almost always crowded though! take care and hope you are well also! Woman Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

We have a HUMONGOUS issue with Comcast and catching shows when THEIR guide says they're supposed to be on.

Looking at the Comcast guide in my area, we can only view ahead 2 days at the most.  We used to live in San Diego and had Cox.  Their guide went on and on for days and days and days.  It was accurate and great.

The Comcast guide is so full of holes I never know if we're going to get a recording of the correct program or not.

Also, of late, I've noticed that there have been more than a few errors in QVC's program guide.  If you add QVC errors to Comcast errors, one wonders what the chances are of recording the correct show.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your Guide issue is even worse than mine. I have X-Finity an they tout that the online Guide goes out for two weeks which is awesome if you are going to be away for a while and want to record. However, QVC NEVER goe out as far as ALL the other channels. Most of the time it goes out about 4 days and then all of a sudden perhaps it goes out one week. I know what you mean about changes in the shows too but I don't fault them for that one. Last minute scheduling changes will always occur.

I just don't understand why all the other shopping channels...................all the channels for that matter, go out the full two weeks with the only exceptiong being QVC.

When I contacted Comcast they said it was QVC's fault. I contacted QVC online and three days later don't have an answer and probably won't get one.