Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone sold on Amazon?

[ Edited ]

I sold one college book back in 2012; the fees were high ($17 for a $99 sale) but it was still better than trading it in at the bookstore. I have a bunch more college textbooks to sell (both kids recently finisded up!). Of course I'll check their 'value' before listing anything.

I see now there's a monthly fee to have a sellers account, does that go for prime members as well? Have the high selling fees been modified?

Just wondering what everyone's recent experiences have been! THANKS! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone sold on Amazon?

@Ibby114 

You may want to start a separate thread about “places to sell textbooks” and others may have better ideas than Amazon. Just a thought. 

Valued Contributor

unless they have changed, there is a seller account that doesn't have a monthly fee.

the individual fees (for the account without the monthly fee) are  higher then the individual fees that the seller account with the monthly fee has, but you only pay the fee when the book is sold. this means that you can list the books and keep them there for free until they sell.

if you sign up for the account with a monthly fee, and it takes you 6  months to sell the books, you have to pay the monthly fee ($40, the last time i checked) times 6  ($240 total) plus individual fees.

i don't know what benefits a prime account has. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Ibby114 

You may want to start a separate thread about “places to sell textbooks” and others may have better ideas than Amazon. Just a thought. 

@butterfly123  With all due respect starting a 2nd duplicate thread violates Standards. Mods delete duplicate threads. All @Ibby114  needs to do is edit the title of this thread. (if she wants to)

@Ibby114 I've never sold on Amazon but I think you'll get some good advice from posters w experience. 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I sold one college book back in 2012; the fees were high ($17 for a $99 sale) but it was still better than trading it in at the bookstore. I have a bunch more college textbooks to sell (both kids recently finisded up!). Of course I'll check their 'value' before listing anything.

I see now there's a monthly fee to have a sellers account, does that go for prime members as well? Have the high selling fees been modified?

Just wondering what everyone's recent experiences have been! THANKS! Woman Happy

I did this it's a great way to get rid of books you don't need.  price realistically, be sure you describe properly, ship promptly. get padded envolopes or boxes can recycle them 

you won't make  a ton of money, but my philosophy is your books/old clothing etc aren't making you any money sitting unused and unwanted in your house, so $5+ is better than $0

Esteemed Contributor

Great information @jackthebear  @charvale  @iwrite  @butterfly123 , thank you so much!