Esteemed Contributor

Has Anyone Taken Craftsy Classes?

They seem to have something for everyone and their classes look interesting.   I am especially looking at the baking and cooking classes.  If anyone has taken them, are they worth the money and are the instructors easy to follow?  The price today is very good at 120 for the year and unlimited classes.  Thanks for any input.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Taken Craftsy Classes?

I started when they only had a few  Now they have tons  I buy and then I dont use it for timembut they are always still there  For the price  you have nothing to lose  Ypi will love them

Honored Contributor

No, a friend told me about them when I mentioned that I'd like to explore my creative side by trying some crafting.  I just didn't know what and local classes aren't available anymore.  Interesting but I think taking this method would be to solitary for me.  I'd probably buy classes that excited me and then never do a thing with them.  

Respected Contributor

Is this an on line thing?

Honored Contributor

I took a short class years ago and learned to spin but it wasn't really my thing, although I love the spinning wheel I still have.  It looked wonderful as an art piece in the living room.

I took several Wilton classes to learn to decorate fancy cakes, I loved that one.

I got books out and taught myself how to crochet and how to make jewelry.  I loved making jewelry, so many pretty stones to choose from.

I got my daughter into several craftsy classes, she loved it. The last class I gave to her as a gift was how to make sushi. 

Super Contributor

Yes, I've bought classes in knitting and multi-media art. I've watched them more than once and took advantage of asking the instructors questions about the classes. The instructors respond with 24 hours and it has been very helpful. It's especially helpful to stop the class and back it up when I've wanted to see something again. The experience is a lot like watching a Youtube video but without having to plow through a bunch of bad ones to find a really useful one.
Honored Contributor

I’ve been curious about Craftsy, but I’ve assumed it was an online learning via video; this wouldn’t work for me, as it’s not how I learn best and I’m not talented at hand work to start with. When I get stuck (as I always do at some point) I need someone standing over me, hands-on, showing me exactly what I was doing wrong and how to do it properly. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Craftsy is a name?  I thought it was an adjective Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Several years ago, I took a floral arranging class.  I am not very talented in the crafty area, but this class was a lot of fun.

The instructor had a passion for flowers as well as landscaping.

I always remember a basic:  using odd number of stems and varying the height of each.  I enjoy fresh flowers in the home,

and to this day, I arrange them accordingly.

Valued Contributor

I love Craftsy.  Took Rigid Heddle Weaving,  some Crochet and some Knitting classes.  Of course it depends on the instructor - but I learned so much.