Respected Contributor

Harrison - pls ground yourself

it appears that Harrison Ford in a private plane had a narrow escape when he mixed up landing instructions, landing on a taxiway rather than a runway at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.  there will be an investigation.

.http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/harrison-ford-has-incident-passenger-plane-airport-n720826

time to take Southwest, Harrison Ford!

Honored Contributor

Re: Harrison - pls ground yourself

Yup Harrison.... sometimes the day comes sooner than you think.  The hard part is that you may take someone out with you..... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Uh, oh.  As reported, it sounds like it's time to.

Honored Contributor

It sounds as if he got confused.  I hope it isn't the beginnings of dementia.  I think he should stop flying

Trusted Contributor

Yup - heard he almost took out a 737 out here today,  It may be time for him to start flying commercial!

Honored Contributor

I don't think you all are being quite fair.  That incident a couple of years ago with the very, very old plane was due to the plane's mechanical failure.  As the article in the link points out near the end, Ford received high praise for even having been able to land the disabled plane, and away from any place where someone else got hurt.  It's a miracle he was able to land and survived that - the crash wasn't his fault.

That said, at age 74 he maybe should stop piloting planes.  It will be interesting to see whether the FAA suspends his license.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't think you all are being quite fair.  That incident a couple of years ago with the very, very old plane was due to the plane's mechanical failure.  As the article in the link points out near the end, Ford received high praise for even having been able to land the disabled plane, and away from any place where someone else got hurt.  It's a miracle he was able to land and survived that - the crash wasn't his fault.

That said, at age 74 he maybe should stop piloting planes.  It will be interesting to see whether the FAA suspends his license.

@Pearlee   what worried me was he read the landing instrux back to the tower before he landed on taxiway and he seemed to wonder what was happening when he went over the 737 instead of having an "OMG" moment.  i don't know if this was his first time at John Wayne -   maybe he should not be flying alone at the very least.  this was kind of serious.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

WE are being unfair @Pearlee ?

You just said the same thing others of us said 🤔

Esteemed Contributor

Thank God no one was hurt. He might not be so lucky the next time, I think he should think about going first class. Or hiring a pilot.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

WE are being unfair @Pearlee ?

You just said the same thing others of us said 🤔

Just what I wrote, @Noel7   I think some of the posters put the blame on Ford for the 2015 accident too, which was unfair.  So yes, you read my post correctly.