Honored Contributor

I don't do any because we don't get trick or treaters here.  But know many of you do and know many of you decorate.  It has become just about as popular as Christmas decorating.

The Q is offering many cute things.  But just got an email today from the Vermont Country Store...offering free shipping.....  Am sure the free shipping requires a purchase in a certain amount, as it usually does.  They have some very cute things....and a number that look like "oldies but goodies"......

You can google them.  

Honored Contributor

It was fun looking at what they have to offer.  Lots of different Halloween candies.....

I double checked on the free shipping offer.  Yes, you do have to purchase $65 or more.....but that doesn't take much to total that when ordering.  You have to give them the number they give on the email to get the free shipping.  

Honored Contributor

Halloween was my favorite holiday.  We decorated the outside, inside, everything I could get my hands on.  We spent more on Hday than we did on Christmas.  We sat on the porch decked out in our best scary attire.  We had parents taking pictures and "repeat offenders" after candy time because they just wanted to take more pictures.  LOL   Over the years, we've had 20 kids, 200 -300  kids, 30 kids,  2 kids and none.

We no longer celebrate Halloween, but understand the reasons that parents don't want their kids going house to house.  We miss it, but understand.

It breaks my heart to see all the cool stuff out there now because my heart and soul want to get it, but I'd never use it.  Unless I had a party at the house, it's a waste of time ... and I have enough storred that I could decorate a cemetary.  LOL

Oh, the good ol' days.  Kids got candy and adults got to be silly and got leftover candy. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Re: Halloween Decorations

[ Edited ]

@Preds......knowing you, am sure you had a blast back in those days.

I to remember when we (x and I) had so many kids ringing our doorbell.  But, Halloween decorations weren't as popular then as they are now.  Some how, we did manage to wear a mask.  There were 68 homes in our subdivision, and lots of kids....but the total amount of trick or treaters was more than were living in our subdivision.  We didn't care....and when we ran out of candy, just turned off the lights and didn't answer the door.

Here's hoping you are feeling ok.....think of you often.

Respected Contributor

I put black and orange tea lights in the front windows last year. I used different sized boxes for pedestals.

Respected Contributor

Re: Halloween Decorations

[ Edited ]

I put out a big concrete pumpkin I purchased years ago from a hand-craft specialty store and add a few different size natural gourds and pumpkins...I put a flameless candle in the concrete pumpkin and this year I'll add some Bethlehem amber fairy lites.  I do not participate in trick or treaters since never got but a few kids...so I stopped it years ago!  I also change out summer wreath for a Fall wreath....always have a wreath on my door, beautiful seasonal Valerie Parr Hill wreaths.  Christmas I add a natural pine wreath to the storm door hanging from red-checked ribbon with a red checked  bow....no lights just simple red checked ribbon bows on house lanterns,  mailbox, my cast iron rabbit on front porch gets a red checked bow, etc.

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for halloween or even Christmas any longer. I don't do trick=treaters either.  when the kids were  younger i did a whole bunch of stuff but no longer. 

the kids that lived in our development  pretty much have moved on. not many kids left so no sence to really give out candy. 

my 4 yr old grandson loves the decorations on display at lowes , he thinks they are neat. he does not even live close to me so he doesn't come often for visiting.

Respected Contributor

We get zero trick or treaters but I still bring out a hand full of our favorite decorations 🎃

Honored Contributor

Yes, it seems that when all those little ones that used to ring the door bells grow up and are out on their own now, things change.  

Know I will be buying some candy the closer we get to Halloween.  Since I don't have to watch what I eat now, I will enjoy it even more.  My doctors want me to gain weight now.....not lose it.  Thank goodness I'm not diabetic.  That would be tough if I were.  I know there is sugarless candy out there, but I don't care for it.  The substitute stuff they use in it makes me sick to my stomach.....same with diet soda, cookies, or whatever.  I love licorice, but have to watch how much of that I eat because my stomach tells me to...lol.

Esteemed Contributor

We usually don't get any trick-or-treaters - but I've already put a big spider on the front door, and one hanging on the porch, and put a cobweb door mat out.  We enjoy it.

DH has a special haunted house placemat.  Now you've got me thinking - I've got some Halloween snow globes to put around, and some jack o' lantern candles to display.  Fun!

We get candy, just in case, but I give it all away the next day, or I'd be doing midnight raids until it was gone.

Cogito ergo sum