Respected Contributor

Re: Hairdo Rituals

[ Edited ]

Just tryin' to keep it on my head these days. Smiley Very Happy

One memory I have was my mom setting my hair with Dippity Do.

I love to stick my fingers in it and I loved the smell.Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

My mom hated messing with her hair, she would go to the salon for cuts, but I was her designated hair roller. I swear I could do it in my sleep. The best part was she would tease the daylights out of it, and that " do" would last. I'm just the opposite, I go to the salon every 4 weeks for a trim, and color.

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.
George Orwell
Honored Contributor

My grandmother with the rollers and tp!  I loved going to the beauty salon with her!  My mom colored her own hair and did rollers.  Me....ummm.....I go to the salon for a color and trim every 7 weeks.  I have curly hair that can be easily pin curled or straightened.....I lucked out.  I wash and go with beachy waves of hair.....everything else is a mess!!!!

Insanity is just a state of mind. - Hawkeye Pierce
Honored Contributor

When I was a kid my mom "set" her hair with hard pink rollers at night, in the morings she took the rollers out and brushed her hair back into a low bun or a french twist.  Her natural color was brunette but she colored it black.  She had fair skin and she always wore red lipstick.  She was stunning.  Sometimes to protect a "set", she would take the rollers out but she didn't brush or comb her hair, she wrapped a turban around her head.  But, that was her and that was then.  I live in the present and I always kept things simple.  My hair is probably mostly gray now, I've been coloring a dark "nearly black" brunette for more years than I can count but I haven't used any type of rollers since I was 20ish.  I have curly hair and I co-wash and air day.  If I want it straight, I co-wash and pull it up into a high topknot and wear it that way for 24 hours.  When I let it down, it's straight with some bounce. 

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy

I stopped dyeing my hair when I retired at the age of 50.  High school I was "chery red," working I was a golden blond.

Now I have black hair w/white devil horns sprouting from the forehead.  That's the only way I can explain the gray hairs which started sprouting last year from the right & left side above my forehead. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Esteemed Contributor

Mz iMac wrote:

Now I have black hair w/white devil horns sprouting from the forehead.  That's the only way I can explain the gray hairs which started sprouting last year from the right & left side above my forehead. Smiley LOL

Suits ya, @Mz iMac.  Woman Wink

Sounds striking and cool.

"Whatever satisfies the soul is truth."
(Walt Whitman)
Respected Contributor

My hair is "Jamie Lee Curtis short" so I don't have a ritual.

I have to wash it every day.  Quick blow dry and I'm done.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

While I was growing up, my Mom went to the "beauty parlor" every Thursday. Many of my friends went in junior high and sat under the dryers with rollers reading great magazines..."Seventeen" & "Glamour".

Since my hair was curly, I didn't go...nothing they could do to mine. I always felt left out. I still feel I should have been allowed to go along to be one of the crowd. 

As an adult, I only go for color/cut every 4 wks. and I love reading the magazines while the color is processing. 

Respected Contributor

Last time I had my hair colored/lightened was about three months ago.

I keep it short and hope the stripe will be gone in 2 more haircuts.

I don't use products, curling irons, straighteners.  I wash it, dry it and I'm good to go.

Respected Contributor

My hair ritual:

1. Wash hair

2. Comb hair

3. Go

*Question Authority.
==============
*Pastor Neimoller

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View