Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan  Well, mine's grounded now.  The salons have closed.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I live in PA and all hair salons were ordered closed by the Governor through March 27.  As it turns out my next appointment is March 30, so if the order is extended I will have to wait.  I go every 4 weeks for a haircut and styling.  Fortunately, I stopped coloring years ago.  Case closed. 

Happy first day of spring.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

This is the only thing I can do to help control this pandemic--I can't make vaccines, masks, medical, etc. BUT I can stay home to self quarantine.

If you are truly concerned about your hairdresser's income then if and when the $1000. Government  stimulus comes thru you can mail it to her. Or even part of it.  It could even count as a prepaid if you wanted. She would be grateful I'm sure.

How to deal with your hair--avoid the mirror. I had skin cancer surgery on the top of my head Jan 30 and have been dealing with hair that looks like the wicked witch from the West, but it's healing with daily attention. Thank heavens for daughters.

Honored Contributor

I usually walk into Great Clips and most of the time I get a pretty good cut.  But my last cut was awful, cutting all while bragging that she was called the Queen of the A-lines (had no idea that was the name of my cut....)  I've been growing it out for at least 12 months and was wanting another cut pretty soon, but I'll pass until it's more convenient.  The problem is that most of the cuts I get "grow out" really well.  This one has not, it was choppy and bad from the moment it was cut and now it's just a longer version of that.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I had an appointment with a new stylist (my long time stylist recently retired) scheduled for today.  The governor mandated many service businesses closed as of 5 p.m. yesterday (mine included) so I figured, well, that keeps me from having to decide whether to keep the appointment or not.

The stylist called to say she would be making house calls to do hair.  Not to my house she won't.

What is it about "social distancing" and the reasons for many service businesses to be closed do people not understand?

My unkempt hair can stay in a ponytail for the duration.  It's not that important.

Contributor

In Ohio, all salons, spas,  etc., are now closed as of yesterday.  And I don't know for how long.  Oh, well.  I guess you just can't get a manicure or a new hairdo and remain 6 feet apart.  I also feel sorry for the stylists and nail techs.  Not only will they probably miss their salaries, but also their tips.  

Respected Contributor

I live in a small town in northern Mississippi and all the beauty shops here are still open for business.  One of my friends commented that if he passes due to the virus  his wife will be looking good as she would never cancel a hair appointment.  Each to his own...

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair appointments

[ Edited ]

My next scheduled appointment is at the end of this month, but my stylist has already sent out an email to her clients, stating that she will be there for our appointments if we want to be there.  She explained that in their business, they always practice good hygiene, and are taking extra steps now. 

I have a few more weeks to decide.  Not sure what the situation will be like at that time 

ETA:   Just received an email, stating the salon will be closed until the end of this month, and then they will re-evaluate the situation. 

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

I live in a small town in northern Mississippi and all the beauty shops here are still open for business.  One of my friends commented that if he passes due to the virus  his wife will be looking good as she would never cancel a hair appointment.  Each to his own...

@Boomernichols 

I think when there is danger of disease transmission that "Each to his own" doesn't quite cut it.

Honored Contributor

I think there are an awful lot of people who are just ignoring social distancing.

You can't stand 6 feet away from someone when you are doing their hair.  And 6 feet away has been said so many times.  Surely they've heard it.