Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@occasionalrain, I am the same.  I plan to do something and time just escapes me.  My plan today was to clean out one of my closets since I do not wear those clothes any longer.  I guess it will wait until Friday.

Since I am retired, I just do what I feel like doing.  But, I do think about doing things.

That counts. You thought about it, so that counts LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had The Day Off

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain I was sidetracked today by a book I was reading that I just could not put down, all the things I had planned on doing was not even a thought in my mind, my fingers were too busy turning the pages to get to the end.

Now I have to play catch up this evening, and tonight when I sit down to relax, another book is calling my name, a never ending saga but one I do enjoy putting myself in!

Regular Contributor

Every weekend!  Now I pick one thing that I "have to do" so when I get it done I feel like I accomplished something and anything after that is gravy.  Sometimes it is as  small as just putting my shoes away or the dishes.   Or straightening out one drawer.  Somedays that is all I do and on occasion I do more.  It just seems like it is so hard to accompllish anything somedays.  My goal is to get my house cleaned up and out and then maintain so I can kick back every weekend.  Doubt it will happen but it is a nice thought.

Honored Contributor

Glad you finally had a day off.  I do that all the time -- fritter the day away and next thing I know it's time for bed.

Honored Contributor

I had the day off yesterday.  I didn't even get dressed.  Smiley Happy

I did sweep the whole house and get the laundry done so I wasn't a complete slug.  Still have to go food shopping.  Last night, I had no dinner because I didn't like any of the food I had left.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I've been on summer break since June 16.   Would you like to see my list of things I am going to do before school starts again in August?   

Let me just say that not one thing is scratched off yet.  And you know what?  I don't care.  If any of them get done, fine.  If not, fine.

Respected Contributor

Yes, all the time.  I work part time and it's an exhausting job, so on my days off, I rest.  I'm 62 and have a little bit of arthritis in my knees, so I do what I can, when I can.  If nothing gets done, nothing gets done and that's O.K.  My favorite thing to do in the morning when I get up is have breakfast on my screen porch, heaven!  I always make sure I do that!!!!