Honored Contributor

Planned to do this, do that, did nothing.

Do you plan big things to accomplish, chore related, and find the day gone and nothing was accomplished?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had The Day Off

[ Edited ]

Every day!  My arthritis has brought my energy level down to a minimum.....and I don't try to fight it anymore.....

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  Every weekend.

Honored Contributor

No way!   When I take a day off;  it is to relax and play and enjoy myself.  The only time that I take a day off and do projects is around Christmas.  I have a very stressful job and my days off are for me.  At this stage of my life (57) and since we are in a condo, I don't actually have a lot of "stuff" to do anyway.   I do want to reorganize and clean out our big walk in closet but I'll do that on the weekends, a bit at a time.  I wouldn't use my time off for that.

Honored Contributor

Often, but tomorrow is another day. Since I've been retired I've not maintained a strict schedule.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain, I am the same.  I plan to do something and time just escapes me.  My plan today was to clean out one of my closets since I do not wear those clothes any longer.  I guess it will wait until Friday.

Since I am retired, I just do what I feel like doing.  But, I do think about doing things.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Yes I do.  That happens a lot on the weekend.

It also happened around the 4th of July holiday.  I had the 3rd off and the day was a disaster and nothing got done, although I did try.  I did a little better Wednesday.  

Honored Contributor

I get sidetracked and time gets away from me.

I might pick up a book to read while I'm having my morning coffee and then it's noon. I might go outside to enjoy the morning for a half hour and a neighbor stops by and then it's noon. Well, you get the picture. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain

I'm more realistic about what I'm likely to do. I tend to plan to relax and recharge with a little work added in. Anything I accomplish is good. And if nothing gets done off my to do list, well, I guess I needed the extra rest. 

Respected Contributor

you betcha! all the time.