Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I don't see why Connie's farewell couldn't be televised.  She's been there a long time and still has shows later this week when they could have scheduled it.  You can sell and say good bye at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Personally, I don't see why Connie's farewell couldn't be televised.  She's been there a long time and still has shows later this week when they could have scheduled it.  You can sell and say good bye at the same time.

@Johnnyeager, according to her FB page when she announced she was leaving, she has been there 22 years. That's a long time to just have a FB live send-off.  

But they are having a 25th anniversary celebration for Colleen in August. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Personally, I've never been a big fan of Connie, but that doesn't mean I think they should show her the door.  I don't understand how these few were chosen.  Connie has been there long, it seems awkward at best to let her go.......but I guess the farewell parties are usually for those who leave on their own choosing, not the other way around.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

Wow!  Thanks @Lipstickdiva.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager:  I understand what you're saying, but maybe it was her decision.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Cutbacks from the MotherShip. HSN is slowly but surely being trimmed till there will be very little left of the HSN we a knew many years ago. 

In the end, if the numbers aren't there, Qurate is going to get rid of it. It's a money saving strategy, no doubt. EVINE has no live overnight programming either.

Qurate is slowly sinking both ships. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it´s what Connie wants. I don´t like people to make a fuss over me. Some people dislike that. Was it Connie who left for a few years or was that someone else?