Esteemed Contributor

All the drones I have seen sold by evine will only fly, at most, up to 10 minutes on a battery charge. Mine, if camera is turned on? 5 minutes is pushing it. 

I think many are thinking about Military Drones, or ones that  cost thousands of $$$$$ to purchase. Mine won't fly long enough, with the camera on, to record much.

Wait before needlessly worrying about drones sold on shopping channels, they are pretty much toys for most.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
Have been thinking about buying the HSN drone for my great-great nephew for Xmas. What 15 year old wouldn't want one to toy with? And if it crashes or he loses it, no huge expense. For under $100 I know it's a toy.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Re: HSN sells drones

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster

Honored Contributor
Evine Live has been selling them for months. I can see many practical applications for their use. They're also sure to be abused in the way they're used.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Surfk said:
Instead I bought MINE to take some great aerial images. I have a house in New Mexico and go out into the landscape to capture some wild ride images of the mesas and terrain. Its spectacular.

Surfk, you might be interested in some apps I discovered. They're called scenic maps and they're expensive as apps go but fascinating in a place like New Mexico. They show all the topographical features of the terrain as well as other things that might be "out there". They're available for all parts of the U.S.

I have a particular fascination for the Navajo Country between Albuquerque and the state line on I-40. The dreamy mesas that are layered by the dozens as far as the eye can see.

I'd just love to get on a horse and explore to my heart's content. There are all sorts of mysterious things out there, or so the Indians say. Ever hear their stories of the skin walkers? I have a wonderful book by a man who did explore that country on horseback. A drone would be a big help exploring the tops of those mesas.

Let me know what you think of the scenic maps.
Honored Contributor

Yes, for folks out in the wide-open areas, as someone here suggested.  But for city folks, could be quite dangerous (if many kids/teens/folks of all ages) are flying them all around.  But, it's in our future.  Keep your helmets handy.  We'll need them!  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

How I wish in the past these items were for sale.  We had horrible next door neighbors who abused their animals.  We reported this to the authorities but they could do nothing without proof.  Poor animals.  We needed to get up on a ladder and film their conditions or pay a pilot to fly overhead to photograph the horrors.  In the end, we took them to a hearing and the animal control officers sided with us.  They had to remove the animals - though they were probably put down.  Those people were monsters. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

Re: HSN sells drones

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster
Esteemed Contributor

HSN at 999 and 1500?  Way out of my price range for an old mans toy. Now for those that want to use them for a more practical reason than a toy? I say they could be a very good investment.

I'm just for havin fun with mine and maybe a high view of our property. But with our hundreds of trees? I need a whole lot more skill as it is always windy here, and even moreso I suspect above our huge trees.

A 1000 bucks for me? Nah, I would spend that kinda cash to update our home theaters, than I would on a toy. While I am a practical man, I still like a toy now and again.

And "ROMARY1"? I have several hockey helmets for when I go into "the city". But the city where I spend time? Doubt look for an influx of drone traffic before my time here expires.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
Surfing said:
"Now I want to be on a horse this weekend. lol"

If you're in Santa Fe, there are stables at Cerrillos. At one time they announced all their horses were Missouri Foxtrotters: I don't know if that's still true. You can ride among the old closed Cerrillos turquois mines and into the hills.