Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch HSN much, but I was flipping channels the other night and saw a drone for sale. I did a double take. lol. I am a techie girl, and I think that they are cool, but I would never buy one. (However I also see lots of problems coming due to drones, because like with most modern technology there is good and bad about it). Would you buy one?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the drones HSN is selling but Evine has been selling drones for over a year now and each new model is more sophisticated.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I just do not understand the reason for owning or using a drone.

Honored Contributor

No, I would have no use for one

Trusted Contributor
I guess with more people buying drones for different reasons more privacy will be lost. Don't forget to close your blinds when in the bathroom a drone might just peek in at you!! Years ago it was peeping Toms now it's drones.
Valued Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I just do not understand the reason for owning or using a drone.

they're awesome for monitoring gardens, crops, etc. 

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

The Q sells drones also..............I bought one for my son from the Q................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

You can buy drones in many stores. There's a local company in my city who takes amazing aerial photography of the wildflowers, the recent flooding, and all kinds of things. They're pretty awesome.

Here's a link to a story about the video he made flying over the bluebonnet fields a few months back: http://austin.com/are-there-really-a-billion-bluebonnets-in-this-crazy-drone-flyover-video-maybe/ Check out the video.

His Facebook page, Over Austin, has many beautiful images he's taken of the city skyline and videos of events happening around town. In the right hands, a drone can be an amazing tool to deliver beautiful images.

Respected Contributor

We use them to take film/photos of inspections that would normally be dangerous to our engineers. This is one of them at a conference I attended.

10423885_10206178227046133_4135698769285137399_n.jpg

Respected Contributor
I can see where certain businesses might have a use for them, otherwise, you've got too much time on your hands!