Contributor

Re: HSN's Host Bobbi Ray Carter

My Life says Bobbi Ray Carter is 68.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I always liked Bobbi Ray.  Professional, gives good information.  She started with HSN in 1983 and she really looks good.

@mspatmac    She's had work done over the years and they never seem to do close-ups on her. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I thought I saw/read somewhere she's in her mid 60s.  IMO the HSN hosts in general are "professional" and give good information without talking about their personal lives or engaging in silly antics.

@kaydee50    They used to be more "hard-sell" but I've come to appreciate them after observing QVC's nonsense and silliness. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm very glad to see that HSN has an older host. I like inclusiveness and deplore ageism. 

Occasional Contributor

Absolutely lovw Bobby Ray Carter.  Another thing I love about HSN is they offer more FREE shipping on things than QVC ever does. Today is FREE shipping on everything.  Also pn HSN you are able to choose the easy pay you like.  They offer 1,2,3,4 or 5 easypays on most things  QVC usually will only offer one or the full amount.  it is nice to have an option.  Sometimes I do not want five easy pays on a small item.  Makes no sens to me. 

Ginger

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Bobbi just may be the most tenured (I won't say oldest) host in TV shopping.  She's been around since dinosaurs roamed Florida. 0

@Kachina624   37 years since 1983 and net worth $8,000.00.  I looked for her age, but couldn't find it, lol.

Did you mean 8 million?

Even $8,000,000 isn't much after working 37 years as a successful salesperson. I'm confident she's worth far more than that. Smiley Wink However it's really not anyone's business, is it? I've always thought income was never talked about and never understood why anyone would care.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi is a consummate professional,  always well prepared and product knowledgeable.   I rarely see her relying on the cards.

I recall watching her 35th Anniversary show where she was joined by her mother and daughter. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I'm very glad to see that HSN has an older host. I like inclusiveness and deplore ageism. 

I think many of the hosts on both HSN and QVC are well into their 50s and beyond.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@elated wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Bobbi just may be the most tenured (I won't say oldest) host in TV shopping.  She's been around since dinosaurs roamed Florida. 0

@Kachina624   37 years since 1983 and net worth $8,000.00.  I looked for her age, but couldn't find it, lol.

Did you mean 8 million?

Even $8,000,000 isn't much after working 37 years as a successful salesperson. I'm confident she's worth far more than that. Smiley Wink However it's really not anyone's business, is it? I've always thought income was never talked about and never understood why anyone would care.   

@BirkiLady @These online sites that give a net worth of famous celebs guess what it is. They base their numbers on some criteria they make up but the don't really know what anyone is worth. 

Trusted Contributor

I think Bobbi Ray Carter and Colleen Lopez are the most seasoned and professional hosts on HSN.

Shannon Smith,   not so much.  If she is hosting then I just keep channel surfing.