Honored Contributor

just a FYI for hsn cardholders..... i dont return a lot and this system and perk works well for me.

HSN Cardholders get $5 in Spendable KA$H when you use the Easy Return Label up to 6 times a year!

Here's how it works: 

1. Use your HSN Card for any VIP Easy Return eligible item. 
  2. If you decide to return the item, use the Easy Return label provided. 
  3. You will receive $5.00 Spendable KA$H for the first six VIP Easy Return eligible product returns.
  • Note: Spendable KA$H will not be issued for any returns that exceed the maximum of six per year. The Spendable KA$H will be available to use on your next purchase for 90 days.

To identify VIP Easy Return eligible items, visit the product page for the item you wish to purchase and look for the following message below the Offers & Promotions section:

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pay attention to your HSN returns.  They now ding you $7.95 to return an item under 5 pounds which includes the pathetically tiny Jay King earrings I received today that are going back.  They also only include a USPS $7.95 return label, no do-it-yourself label.  I bet I can make one though.  This is just greedy and they obviously strive to make it as difficult as possible to return an item withour incurring a riduculous charge.  Bye bye HSN.

@Kachina624Wow that is outragous.  I ordered a bunch of Korres from them last night.  Last Jay King I got was last Christmas.  Limiting HSN, and QVC as a New Year's resolution.

@MarkeieMark   You and me both.  I spend entirely too much on Q stuff.  I have so many empty boxes, I cant keep up with flattening them for the recycling bin.  I'm cutting way back.  Already started.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

You are so right about the hosts yelling and speed talking on HSN.  I was watching Friday morning and BRC was one of the hosts and she was literally yelling and talking over the vendor,  OMG, it was like watching tje Q.  I used to enjoy HSN because their hosts had a calm demeanor without appearing desperate to make a sale.  And now with these outrageous shipping and return charges it's time to shop elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

I don’t understand what changed about the return policy.  It’s been 7.95 for years, & of course you can send back with your own label.  You will get tracking & insurance from P.O. included.  Also, they don’t charge for exchanges, but you must call CS first.  They’ll send the replacement right out to you free, & you must return the one you don’t want, using their label.

Valued Contributor

QVC

Esteemed Contributor

I have cut back so much on my QVC spending.  I have Amazon Prime and use it often.  I shop websites of B+M stores, as well, and often get free shipping.  Even Walmart has an expanded website, offering some more upscale products than normally sold in their stores.  Can you believe they even offer a Lord + Taylor section?  

But it as a whole, I have cut way back on this type of spending.  Just drowning in “stuff,” and watch very little shopping TV anymore.  So many catalogs, now thrown in the trash.  I guess it’s called “avoiding the occasion of sin,” like I heard when attending a Catholic girls’ school.  Somehow, I don’t think shopping is what the sisters meant.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Returns,

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

I have cut back so much on my QVC spending.  I have Amazon Prime and use it often.  I shop websites of B+M stores, as well, and often get free shipping.  Even Walmart has an expanded website, offering some more upscale products than normally sold in their stores.  Can you believe they even offer a Lord + Taylor section?  

But it as a whole, I have cut way back on this type of spending.  Just drowning in “stuff,” and watch very little shopping TV anymore.  So many catalogs, now thrown in the trash.  I guess it’s called “avoiding the occasion of sin,” like I heard when attending a Catholic girls’ school.  Somehow, I don’t think shopping is what the sisters meant.

@PamfromCT

Me too, drowning in stuff....Im in a purging mode---- tired of losing the battle with my storage space......

Walmart is using some unique strategies to challenge Amazon...And the upscale merchandise on Walmarts website is part of that, and also challenging them even in the e-book category too....

One thing that helped me curtail my QVC shopping is their LACK of strategy and repetitive showing of limited products---I guess I should thank them for helping my cause Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

They raised their return fees quite awhile ago. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1.  You might try the Elf pencils that are available at retailers and Amazon.  They are the universal taupe like YBF, and are about $4/each.  I can't tell the difference from YBF.

@Kachina624 Thank you for the Elf information.  I use universal taupe and didn't know Elf had eyebrow pencils.  Definitely going to try it.  Many thanks.

@Misplaced Parisian, I just bought my second ELF brow pencil.  I too was a YBF pencil user.  

The first time I bought the ELF pencil, it was too red looking for me and it was hard to apply.  I just used up a different brand and decided to try ELF again and this time the pencil is perfect.  Perfect color and not too hard or too soft.  I think it was $3.00. 

As an aside, I also bought the lengthening and volumizing mascara and I really like that as well.  It too was $3.00.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1.  You might try the Elf pencils that are available at retailers and Amazon.  They are the universal taupe like YBF, and are about $4/each.  I can't tell the difference from YBF.

@Kachina624 Thank you for the Elf information.  I use universal taupe and didn't know Elf had eyebrow pencils.  Definitely going to try it.  Many thanks.

@Misplaced Parisian, I just bought my second ELF brow pencil.  I too was a YBF pencil user.  

The first time I bought the ELF pencil, it was too red looking for me and it was hard to apply.  I just used up a different brand and decided to try ELF again and this time the pencil is perfect.  Perfect color and not too hard or too soft.  I think it was $3.00. 

As an aside, I also bought the lengthening and volumizing mascara and I really like that as well.  It too was $3.00.  

@Lipstickdiva Wow.  Thank you for this information.  I greatly appreciate it.  The mascara sounds great and will give that a try too, especially for $3.  Many thanks.