Super Contributor

Re: HOW WAS YOUR LUNAR ECLIPSE ???

That is a beautiful photo. Amazing!
"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Esteemed Contributor

Too cloudy where I am in the Piedmont of VA.  We saw the beginnings (gorgeous 1/2 moon) but then it was not visible.  Darn.  I wanted to see it first hand.  The rain now is nice, though - we need it.

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

It was gorgeous, here in my little corner of Western Mass.  The skies were clear, with twinkling stars.  I sat on the deck and watched until the total eclipse, with the moon such an amazing burnt orange color.  In such a technological age, this sheer natural phenomenon was mesmerizing.  I am so glad I got to witness it.  

Honored Contributor

Here in the Missouri Ozarks the moon was beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I was the only person out on the road looking at the moon coming up over the mountain.   Nobody frollicking on the rooftops......nobody else around, period.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

image.jpg

Dallas, Texas I will fill in the credit for the guy photographer ... Many kudos to him in top of a hotel outside of Big D for 5 hours! He said posters will be available!

"Reunion Arena p" is in the lower right corner.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach what a great picture I would love to have that enlarged and hung on one of my walls. Any thing with the moon, stars, and  I want it. Have to say after doing all the preparation  to see the moon it was a dud. We got to see only the bright moon for a while then the dark clouds covered it all up. Doubt that I will still be breathing when the next one happens. 

Respected Contributor

@cater wrote:

Lovestoteach what a great picture I would love to have that enlarged and hung on one of my walls. Any thing with the moon, stars, and  I want it. Have to say after doing all the preparation  to see the moon it was a dud. We got to see only the bright moon for a while then the dark clouds covered it all up. Doubt that I will still be breathing when the next one happens. 

Same here Cater. I was so optimistic earlier in then evening, then the clouds rolled in and it started to sprinkle. Someone posted a web address for a live web cam from a resort in the hills of California but that too turned out a no show. But I was able to watch a bride and groom get their wedding photos taken and people eating dinner. Probably also won't be here for the next one.
Esteemed Contributor

I live in PA, and I went outside 3X with my good camera, and it was cloudy. I gave up. I might add 99.9%  of the time when something is going on to look at, its cloudy here. It aggravates me. lol. Last month or the other month when we had that Supermoon? I did get a gorgeous pic of the moon then but that was the only time!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

We couldn't see it  - it was very cloudy where we live.