Honored Contributor

I didn't have hobbies growing up, but picked up some once grown.  I've done ceramics, quilting, stained glass, antique hunting, and restoring old furniture.   Life interfered and haven't done any of them in a while. 

Esteemed Contributor

I keep meaning to get a hobby......

Honored Contributor

Goldengate8361 wrote:

Maybe your hobby is not having a hobby!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

My hobby is creating floral and natural wreaths.  My frames include wire, styrofoam, straw, hats and grapevines in a variety of sizes.  Actually, the smaller wreaths are harder to make because the flowers I use are so small and the glue burns my fingers.  I use silk flowers, natural materials, decorative items, ribbon, lace, and bows in my wreaths.  I recently purchased mesh material and will make my first mesh wreath this week. 

I do not sell any of my wreaths.  Rather, I give them as birthday, Christmas, just because, or other special occasion gifts to family and friends.  They are all one of a kind.  No two are alike.  And, of course, I use them in various locations at my home.

Here is a sample of a spring wreath:

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

Hi @AnikaBrodie,

If the picture of the wreath that you posted is any indication of any of the other wreaths that you have done, then you are one talented and gifted lady! Smiley Very Happy Robot LOL

This wreath is really beautiful and amazing! Your gift recipients are lucky indeed to receive such a lovely gift from you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

That is what I always used to say!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I have had many hobbies going back to my single digit years when living in Public Housing Projects. No money as my mom was raising myself and my older 3 sisters sans a male that was a drunk.

Too many to list in those early years as well it was over a decade before TV was even on the market. Most of the hobbies included movement of the body, along with some deep thought on how to do them better, thus more fun, at least for me.

Always loved motor vehicles and it was a hobby even though my original interest in them, that didn't have motors. Just pushed them along the floor or pavement.

Made sure I had a lot of hobbies before I retired as I had seen and heard from many retired co-workers and friends,  "I just can't find anything to do". Some got another job and others continued doing nothing but get older.

Played several Sports, mainly Hockey/raced cars all around the Midwest/Ran adult Hockey league for 52 years/VP of Drag Strip and Racing Association/President of 2 different Car Clubs/VP of Hockey booster club/Coordinator of Bus Trips to watch team play out of town games

Play trumpet/cornet/fluglehorn/accordion/keyboard/piano)    steel and acoustic guitar(some)/set up home theaters/built a few computers/trained many runners and taught Hockey type ice skating/Ref in Hockey for 30+ years.

Few more but that's enough typing.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I came from an extended family and all we did was hobbies. I was lucky. You name it at one time or another we did it. We were the Martha Stewert family before she was . I have pared it down to reading, gardening,travel golf, mah jongg. Just keep rotate when I get tired of one thing. Haven't played golf lately but planning on starting up in August. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I still work part-time but play bridge as much as I can and Mah Jonng twice a month.  I also bowl one night a week.  I watch as much football and baseball as possible and consider that a hobby too.

Respected Contributor

In my late teens and throughout my 20s I played my share of tennis and loved it.  Then got away from it when I returned to work after son #2 went to school.  Between soccer, boy scouts, school activities, I was too busy to keep up with any kind of hobby.

When youngest went to college I decided to take riding lessons, bought myself a good-minded, smooth horse and the rest is history.  I love trail riding and now that the weather's getting nice, I plan to do a fair amount of that with my friends.  I'll be retiring soon and I hope to trailer out to ride some new trails, beach, civil war trails, etc.  Smiley Very Happy