Trusted Contributor

While growing up I did not have any hobbies nor did I have parents who had them!  During the years we were raising our children I did not have time as I also worked during some of those years!   But one day when my granddaughter was spending a few days with us at age 10 we were painting together!  I then discovered that I could paint better than I ever knew!  So I bought some supplies and started doing some oil painting in my spare time!  Guess I could say I now have a hobby!!  Very good for me now that I am a senior!  Care to talk about yours!

Respected Contributor

@Newgate  Good for you!  How nice!!!  Sometimes it takes a grandchild... to realize lots of things, eh?  Smiley Wink

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I had several hobbies when I was younger, but slowly dropped them when I became a mother.  Picked them back up during her school years for various projects.  LOL

Daughter always came to me when she needed help doing things and we worked on them together.  I always thought that she left everything to me, but I've seen that she did learn a few things.  LOL

No hobby right now, but when I retire I plan on going back to scrapbooking, reading, refurb,  and woodwork.  Cross stitching and jewelry making is on the list, but I don't think my eyes will make it. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

My father and I enjoyed coin collecting in our spare time.  He was a good teacher, and I have added to my collection over the years.  He left me his collection when he passed, so I have a nice little nest egg and an interesting hobby.

Trusted Contributor

I've had hobbies all my life, everything from knitting to making pottery to researching geneology, and traveling the world, and I couldn't live without them.  After I divorced they kept me busy and helped me meet new friends through various art classes and different events. Before I retired, they helped relieve stress and would take my mind off of other things. When I moved after retirement they again helped me meet new people through related volunteer activities, classes, and events.  

Couldn't imagine my life without some sort of hobby, mostly artistic or travel related. I even took a few college classes as a "hobby" many years after I graduated from college, like Ancient Greek, Roman, and Etruscan Art and Archaeology.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My father and I enjoyed coin collecting in our spare time.  He was a good teacher, and I have added to my collection over the years.  He left me his collection when he passed, so I have a nice little nest egg and an interesting hobby.

My father did the same, my daughter now has his collection.  She will also get her fathers collection.  My dad got my ex interested and he did it for DD.  I just never got that "urge" but I'm glad they did.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Different hobbies at different stages of life

stamp collecting

needlepoint pictures

gardening

crossword puzzles

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Cooking, books and music have been my lifelong hobbies. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I never had much in the way of hobbies.  I'm very much NOT creative.  

But I love taking pictures.  I take pictures pretty much every day.   These days, I mostly take pics of the various birdies on my property, as I love the birdies so much.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed cross stich as my hobby.  I am a lung patient and this is a nice actiivity to do when I am on my oxygen!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!