Honored Contributor

Re: HIGH ROCK IN NORWAY ( WARNING: VERTIGO ALERT )

Yeah, I would do it, but not in ski boots.  I have hiked partially down one of the trails at the top of the Grand Canyon when I was a kid.  I also scared my parents by running up to the edge and looking over.  Of course there was a railing there, so, for me, no reason not to.

The place I go ski has a tram that goes to the top, but you have to ski to get to the tram.  There's a small building at the end of the tram and then around back there's a small, snow-covered hill.  I won't go up that hill because I'm afraid when I come down the hill I won't be able to stop in those boots and go off the side.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   No.

I had enough trouble at the Grand Canyon-and that was before that skywalk was constructed.  Never saw, didn't want to see it, glad it wasn't there at the time.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Oh dear Lord -- made me dizzy just looking at the picture!

Esteemed Contributor

Must take a heckava tall ladder to get up there.

Beautiful scenery, though. But no!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Having visited Norway several times, I concluded that being rough and tough are national traits. Their vacation homes are often in the middle of nowhere and are all off the grid. They ride their bikes in the most awful weather, and their food is nourishing but not particularly creative. They are warm hearted people, generous and hospitable, but it doesn't surprise me to see them up there on that rock.

Respected Contributor

Wow, that's beautiful & yes to the edge.

Trusted Contributor

No, Nope, Nada, Nein, Non, Née....i get vertigo climbing a ladder🥵

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

DH and I went to the Grand Canyon in July (my first time there.)  We took a tour and went to about 6 or 7 different look out spots.  At one location, there were a bunch of people who walked away from the trail, stepped over the railing and walked out to a ledge similar to the one picured and stood very close to the edge.  A strong gust of wind could have done them in.  I don't know what they were trying to prove, other than being stupid.

There were two other locations with trails that start you down into the canyon.  There were no railings.  I started down on one of them, but I was literally shaking the whole time.  At the other location, which had a narrower path than the first one, I declined.  I declared to my DH that I have a stronger survival instinct than those who dared go on those paths, lol.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Very pretty but not my thing.

Honored Contributor

Tom Cruise is so great. Love him.