Respected Contributor

HELP WITH SEEING AND / OR POSTING PICS...

topic: PHOTOS

why can't I see pictures posted in threads or blogs?  I used to be able to see and read but no more.

how can I post a picture from my iPad to start or respond to a thread / post?  Never did it before but a poster asked for a picture of converted jewelry.

Any help would be appreciated...assume I am not technically proficient.  TIA

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: HELP WITH SEEING AND / OR POSTING PICS...

I have no idea why you can't see pictures.  Is this on an iPad?  When something like that happens I usually discover that I've inadvertently turned something off under settings.

To post a picture first put it in you device photo album. The mods say they tend to appear sideways if you don't do an edit on them.  Any slight adjustment will do.

Go to your template for writing a post.  Click where you want the photo to be (usually after your text), then click on the photo icon in the bar at the top.  It looks like a landscape.  Click choose file, choose library, find and click on the picture you want to use from your library.  Click insert image.

Occasionally my iPad won't insert a picture because it's in the wrong form(?).  In this case I do a screen print of my picture, then proceed as described.  Do you know how to do a screen print?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Did the site flip over to the mobile site? I usually click on "full site" to get it back to normal

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have no idea why you can't see pictures.  Is this on an iPad?  When something like that happens I usually discover that I've inadvertently turned something off under settings.

To post a picture first put it in you device photo album. The mods say they tend to appear sideways if you don't do an edit on them.  Any slight adjustment will do.

Go to your template for writing a post.  Click where you want the photo to be (usually after your text), then click on the photo icon in the bar at the top.  It looks like a landscape.  Click choose file, choose library, find and click on the picture you want to use from your library.  Click insert image.

Occasionally my iPad won't insert a picture because it's in the wrong form(?).  In this case I do a screen print of my picture, then proceed as described.  Do you know how to do a screen print?

never heard of it...but will try the steps you've been kind enough to outline.  ( tried to respond in color...reason for the larger font.

Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

WOW !!!!  My first attempt at following your great instructions worked.  You've now created a nice monster !!!  Thank you Kachina.

See thread "Unused Jewelry..."

Sir Winston Churchill
Occasional Contributor

I also needed help, tried it and it worked, many, many thanks.

Formerly Tatz
Honored Contributor

You're very welcome ladies.

A screen print is literally a copy of what's on your iPad screen.  It's handy when for some reason you can't click on and store a picture or text.  You simply press the buttons at the top and bottom of your device simultaneously.  The print you made should appear in your photo files.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Kachina, thanks for the tips!

I do have a question. Someone said that if you are using a mac or I pad and use a photo from your Iphotos that it will give personal info (location, computer info etc) if the person runs their cursor over the pic once it is posted. Is that true?