Super Contributor

Hello All -- as my caption indicates, I am looking for a hand cart to use to move plastic bins from my lower level to my first floor.  The bins are not heavy as I use them to store my Christmas decorations.  I've looked at QVC's website and Amazon for ideas and saw a couple that might work, but I am hoping someone here has experience using a cart for this purpose and could make a recommendation. 

Honored Contributor

Re: HAND CART RECOMMENDATIONS

I don't own one, but if you have stairs to negotiate, I'd consider this type. 

v34545.001.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carolm, the Trolley Dolly products are excellent. QVC sells some of them but I’m not sure they sell all of them. Amazon has all of them. 

If you really want/need something for frequent stair use, you should get the three-wheeled “stair-climbing” models as in this photo. The one I have (bought from QVC on sale) has the regular wheels and everything else on it is identical.  They weigh comparatively little and easily fold flat to store. If you don’t need the bag, just take it off and the cart functions as a dolly for boxes, etc. The prices vary a little, you can probably find one for $10 less.

6F6F5D4A-0C10-4CCB-9D8D-C3EF87D32145.jpeg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 @Moonchilde - thanks for your recommendations.  I will certainly take a closer lookat the ones on Amazon.  Wishing you both a happy Thanksgiving!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We have this one and it's a godsend when we go to the beach and have to navigate supplies, groceries, etc. up 2 or 3 flights of stairs (our own home is a rambler). The compartment will hold 2 or 3 bags of groceries, as well as those larger bottles of water. The frame folds up flat when you remove the compartment. You can also remove the compartment and use it to move boxes (as you've described your situation). Hope you find something you like!

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Carolm, the Trolley Dolly products are excellent. QVC sells some of them but I’m not sure they sell all of them. Amazon has all of them. 

If you really want/need something for frequent stair use, you should get the three-wheeled “stair-climbing” models as in this photo. The one I have (bought from QVC on sale) has the regular wheels and everything else on it is identical.  They weigh comparatively little and easily fold flat to store. If you don’t need the bag, just take it off and the cart functions as a dolly for boxes, etc. The prices vary a little, you can probably find one for $10 less.

6F6F5D4A-0C10-4CCB-9D8D-C3EF87D32145.jpeg

Super Contributor

I have been looking at these 3 wheel carts too, but I have a question.   For those of you who use them on stairs, is there a problem if the steps don't have a back?  Do the wheels get stuck between steps if there is no back.

Respected Contributor

No, they don’t get stuck on the stairs at all. The stairs at the house we rent at the beach are open-back and it doesn’t make any difference at all.