Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if there will be any Halloween shows with Valerie P. or Matha S. this year?  I can't remember when they had them last year, was it in Aug.?

Valued Contributor

Valerie has a House to Home - Harvest edition scheduled for August 13. I imagine Halloween items will be included.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Jasmine19.  Thank you so much for this info., this makes my day !

Honored Contributor

It's a shame they can't do a Grandinroad Halloween show.  Got their Halloween Haven catalog the other day.  Man, they have some awesome Halloween items.  Some are quite expensive.  I guess maybe some folks give great Halloween parties where some of these items would be really useful.  I'm just not that into Halloween.  And I've already decided not to entertain trick-or-treaters this year.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

It's a shame they can't do a Grandinroad Halloween show.  Got their Halloween Haven catalog the other day.  Man, they have some awesome Halloween items.  Some are quite expensive.  I guess maybe some folks give great Halloween parties where some of these items would be really useful.  I'm just not that into Halloween.  And I've already decided not to entertain trick-or-treaters this year.

I'm wondering if there will even be trick-or-treaters this year. My daughter and I were having this discussion the other day, trying to come up with alternatives for my 4 grandchildren if this should be canceled. Everything is so uncertain right now.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't count on it. Our church's Thanksgiving dinner buffet has more then likely been called off too.  It's future is uncertain.

Until there's a vaccine or cure, whatever, I forecast not a very merry

Christmas this yr.   I know people who have not been out of house since

Feb. !   Can you imagine ?  

Respected Contributor

What we are planning this year for Halloween is a party with a pinata.  2 grandkids, parents and grandparents.   Movies too.  

When I was growing up my aunt's made a pinata  every year for Easter.  We had so much fun bashing at it until all the goodies came out.

If kids can Trick or Treat great but if not that is our back up plan.

Honored Contributor

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas-not even on the radar anymore.Woman Sad

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Am pretty sure the holidays these year are toast as far as the usual. but then I bet people will go all out on decorating there windows, porches and front yards instead. Sad for the kids tho--mine used to LOVE  all the pomp and ceremony of the holidays Just going to have to put on your creative hats and make them happen somehow. Wanna bet Santa and the other holiday figures will be sporting face masks??