Honored Contributor

Not sure how many use Groupon any more (it's kinda gone downhill IMO) but I got a phishing email yesterday claiming that "they" think my account was hacked, so they have "suspended" it and "deactivated my password" so I need to "click here to choose a new password."

Uh-uh. Nope.  I haven't bought anything for months, have thought about opting out for months, and wouldn't care if they do close my account. So,not clicking on anything, lol. Apparently this hack has been going on since December.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

do not click on anything in the email, BUT......

If you have a Groupon account, you should check it immediately to see if there have been any purchases made by someone other than you. You should also take a look at your bank accounts to check for any suspicious activity. If you see anything odd, report it ASAP!

If you see fraudulent activity on your Groupon account, contact its customer support and report it. The company's policy with fraud involves an investigation and once it determines a purchase was fraud, you get a full refund.

http://www.komando.com/happening-now/384077/check-your-groupon-account-now-you-may-have-been-hacked

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks for mentioning this.  I have not used my Groupon account since Dec 2013.  The last decent deal on there was the Starbucks gift card.

I removed my credit card information and other account information.

I emailed them to see how I can delete my account since I don't use it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I use groupon.  Had some great massages recently.  I haven't had an email about a hack.  I watch my online accounts pretty close.  Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I use groupon.  Had some great massages recently.  I haven't had an email about a hack.  I watch my online accounts pretty close.  Thanks for the heads up.

I use mine for massages and facials. There were plenty of new and changing offers in LA, but where I live now the offers seldom change :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all