Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I don't think that grief ever goes away, my dad died at the age of 55 when I was 16 and never got to see his grandchildren. I still cry thinking of him all the time. Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh...I recently came across a letter my dad wrote to me when we were going thru a rough patch, I thought I had thrown the letter away as I didn't want any one to find it after I was 'gone'....just seeing his handwriting, which was very distinct made me cry, then I read the letter again, sigh.....

I am sorry for your loss, 1 year is not a long time, my dad died in 2001, so just saying that grief does not end, just hits you upside the head when you least expect it.

Respected Contributor

I understand 

Today is the anniversary of my mom's death - 4 years.   I've been weepy all day. 

Hope your migraine eases up @gidgetgh❤️

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I understand 

Today is the anniversary of my mom's death - 4 years.   I've been weepy all day. 

Hope your migraine eases up @gidgetgh❤️

@Bri36- sending hugs to you. It’s very hard. 

Migraine will I’ll be fine. I took my migraine pill immediately and the headache hasn’t quite started yet so it will be fine. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I can totally relate. My dad passed in the 1970's when I was 18 years old. 

I really thought I did well with it all....I was young, headed to college, had a busy and full life. It was expected, I had time to deal with what was coming. 

And I continued to deal well with it all my life...until the last few years. I guess it is age and hormones, but I find myself crying over the loss of him for all these years now, when I went decades and did not. 

And you are right. It comes at the most unexpected times, but I have noticed that if I am getting sick (like a bug with a fever), I get totally overwhelmed about it and can cry for hours as I feel miserable from the bug as well.

Hope your medication works and you don't feel the full effects of the migraine. Hugs too, for the seemingly uncontrollable nature of this thing that just grips us and needs to move through us as we grieve. 

Respected Contributor

Grief is just something that can never be explained  sometimes.   

Honored Contributor

My parents have been dead for years, I still miss my Mother, but my Father was the worst. I love movies and when I see scenes in a movie about how much a Dad loves his kids and puts them first, I just burst into tears every time. My Dad was never their for us unless there was something in it for him, I so envy people who have had loving fathers.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@gidgetgh I don't think that grief ever goes away, my dad died at the age of 55 when I was 16 and never got to see his grandchildren. I still cry thinking of him all the time. Woman Sad

@JaneMarple

Your emotional response was so touching. I thought the sadness from your life was exactly `that`- dying so young and never had the excitement in knowing, experiencing your children. 

There is nothing like your own children or knowing the love of being a grandparent. "Hugs and a smiling face for your father from me as he watches over your entire family" 

My mother ( a true 'Saint on Earth') did die so young, absolutely unexpectedly- two weeks after I had celebrated my birthday-two full weeks {another state} we.. had together), but she and daddy did glow when  their grandchild was born, spending many years while he was very young. 

So, I do understand that void you must have  had being a mom and no DAD  / grandpa to know how wonderful- how rewarding his love was not known by them. 

Sending you a huge hug with a Heart of gold to a lovely woman.

Heart~ NAES

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple

Your emotional response was so touching. I thought the sadness from your life was exactly `that`- dying so young and never had the excitement in knowing, experiencing your children. 

There is nothing like your own children or knowing the love of being a grandparent. "Hugs and a smiling face for your father from me as he watches over your entire family" 

My mother ( a true 'Saint on Earth') did die so young, absolutely unexpectedly- two weeks after I had celebrated my birthday-two full weeks {another state} we.. had together), but she and daddy did glow when  their grandchild was born, spending many years while he was very young. 

So, I do understand that void you must have  had being a mom and no DAD  / grandpa to know how wonderful- how rewarding his love was not known by them. 

Sending you a huge hug with a Heart of gold to a lovely woman.

Heart~ NAES

I had to exhale before replying @NAES1, you wrote exactly what I'm feeling. Thank you so very much.

XOXO

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

And screaming in your car really, really helps..... Woman Embarassed

I lost both my parents in the same year about 21 years ago.  I'm an only child with no relatives in this country other than my DH and two sons....

Yes, it will sneak up on you and then years down the road, the tears and yearning stop being so intense and the wonderful memories come.  I didn't (and don't) have anyone that remembers them when I was a baby and little girl.... that's been hard.  But my family on my husband's side (and there's many of them) have made me feel wonderful.

Here's hoping that each day forward lessens the grief, and that all your memories and dreams are good ones.... take care....     

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*