Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@gidgetgh I don't think that grief ever goes away, my dad died at the age of 55 when I was 16 and never got to see his grandchildren. I still cry thinking of him all the time. Woman Sad

@JaneMarple

Your emotional response was so touching. I thought the sadness from your life was exactly `that`- dying so young and never had the excitement in knowing, experiencing your children. 

There is nothing like your own children or knowing the love of being a grandparent. "Hugs and a smiling face for your father from me as he watches over your entire family" 

My mother ( a true 'Saint on Earth') did die so young, absolutely unexpectedly- two weeks after I had celebrated my birthday-two full weeks {another state} we.. had together), but she and daddy did glow when  their grandchild was born, spending many years while he was very young. 

So, I do understand that void you must have  had being a mom and no DAD  / grandpa to know how wonderful- how rewarding his love was not known by them. 

Sending you a huge hug with a Heart of gold to a lovely woman.

Heart~ NAES

I had to exhale before replying @NAES1, you wrote exactly what I'm feeling. Thank you so very much.

XOXO

love to Jane Heart

@JaneMarple

Valued Contributor

@gidgetghHope you are feeling better.   Hope the meds helped. 

Tears, while bringing release, can also hurt your head.  Take care!

Respected Contributor

I miss my Dad so much too. I've been feeling that he's near me in fact I heard his voice clearly in my sleep and it woke me up. The tears start when I think of him.  I believe he watches over me and I believe I will see him again .

Honored Contributor

I sometimes have these random, very vivid dreams of those who passed, the dreams seem to come out of nowhere.

I lost my husband almost 5 years ago.   Those first dreams were of him "coming back" and we just picked up with our lives where we left off.   I didn't want to wake up!   But now when I see him, it's just some random conversation, maybe this means I've finally accepted that he's gone.

I also have dreams of my late parents.   I remember one a few years ago when i bought a new car.   I dreamed me & dad were driving in my new car and he was telling me how much he liked it.     We could have been in a horse drawn buggy and he would approve, he was always  my cheerleader.

When I wake up, I'm usually very melancholy.

Contributor

My dad died 3 years ago and I mourn his loss everyday. My mom died 2 days after Mother's Day this year.  I can being the most mundane things and it hits me like a truck!  I cry so hard I can barely catch my breath.  I agree with the poster who said grief never goes away but we do learn to cope with it.  

I know my parents are still with me in my heart and that's what I hold onto.  

Esteemed Contributor

My mom passed going on 17 years this December.

I don't remember the exact date, but I know that it was before Christmas.

I miss her, but I no longer cry for her.

I guess I have finished grieving for her.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I have the same thing emotionally lately! This past year has been a year of many losses of wonderful people in my life...and at any moment I just start crying.  No rhyme or reason!

hugs to you 😌

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, @gidgetgh.  Heart

I have the same sort of experience sometimes.  Sometimes the most mundane thing will remind me of my dad, and the feeling of loss will wash over me again.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@misscecille wrote:

My dad died 3 years ago and I mourn his loss everyday. My mom died 2 days after Mother's Day this year.  I can being the most mundane things and it hits me like a truck!  I cry so hard I can barely catch my breath.  I agree with the poster who said grief never goes away but we do learn to cope with it.  

I know my parents are still with me in my heart and that's what I hold onto.  

@misscecille- My sympathies on the loss of your mom.  I lost mine in 2011 and I miss her terribly.  It's hard having them gone.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Oh grief happens to me all the time. All I have to do is even think of my mom and the tears sting my eyes. All the time. 

"Pure Michigan"