Honored Contributor

I have a lot of greeting cards received from various charities.  Does anyone know of any organizations that accepts such cards??  Would really hate to throw them out.

Trusted Contributor

I don't throw them out I use them and send a small donation.  

Honored Contributor

I also receive many cards from charities I donate to.  I used to bring the cards and calendars I received to a senior housing facility and left them for all the workers who appreciated the thought.  With Covid I haven't been able to do that as much so I donate to the Vietnam Vets.  Along with clothes I also put the cards in a separate package and the bags are picked up. 

Trusted Contributor

My Mom received a lot of these when she was alive. We would bring them, along with some stamps, to a local nursing home for the residents to use. I know they appreciated having cards to send out. (especially the birthday and holiday ones). 

Valued Contributor

I donate them to the thrift stores like Goodwill.

Honored Contributor

I drop them off at our thrift store.

Esteemed Contributor

Some thrift stores take them, especially if you have several. I also like the idea of donating them to a local nursiing home.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN @piperbay   Thanks!! Wasn't sure if organizations like Goodwill and the Salvation Army would take them but I'll put them in the bags of clothing I'm donating.

Honored Contributor

You can also ask your nearest senior center if they would like them.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Another option - if you're on NextDoor or have a neighborhood fb pg, offer them there.