Respected Contributor

Does anyone have this store and what do you think of it?

In the next town where I sometimes shop, the Elder Beerman closed and is coming back soon as a Gordmans.

I never even heard of that store!

Respected Contributor

Re: Gordmans Store?

[ Edited ]

We had a Gordmans open in our mall but after only a couple years it closed.  I guess it must have not done well there.  As I recall ours had clothing (baby, children, women’s, men’s), shoes, household goods, jewelry, etc.  Kind of reminded me of a Marshall’s store set up.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Gordmans Store?

[ Edited ]

I thought the chain went under.  Both our stores closed.  It's a discount store of sorts.  They sold home goods, decor, clothing, shoes.  It's not a store I'd go out of my way to go to.  Don't shop there without a coupon.  Everything costs more than you would expect.  I guess what I'm saying is it wasn't for me.

Respected Contributor

I just read online that Gordmans did go bankrupt in 2017 and was bought by Stage Stores which included the Gordmans name. Stage Stores owns Bealls, Peebles and other department stores.  It said Stage Stores plans on opening several Gordmans. 

Valued Contributor

Ours closed, too. I loved it. It was a great place to get candles, home decor, holiday decor, and clothing. I think its remote location in my area is what caused its demise. I really miss it.

Respected Contributor

We had a Gordman's here and it didn't last long.  They only carried very poor quality junk.  Clothes were a joke.  

Respected Contributor

Sounds like it should have stayed Peebles!

Super Contributor

Goodman's was started in my area, years back, 30-40 years ago. At that time it was more like a Kohl's store. Then they turned into half price stores and it was junk. They went bankrupt a few years back. Closed all stores and we're bought out by someone and now opened here again. I never shopped there. Marshall's and tj Maxx MUCH BETTER!