Honored Contributor

Record Breaking Heat Here Today!

Here in Savannah, GA we had record breaking heat today of 101 degrees, breaking the record for May of 100 degrees, set in 1953.

Needless to say, I've been inside enjoying the A/C all week-end!

Looks like our heat wave will last through Thursday.....UGH!

On a brighter note, at least I haven't had to cook all week-end, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Record Breaking Heat Here Today!

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Here in Savannah, GA we had record breaking heat today of 101 degrees, breaking the record for May of 100 degrees, set in 1953.

Needless to say, I've been inside enjoying the A/C all week-end!

Looks like our heat wave will last through Thursday.....UGH!

On a brighter note, at least I haven't had to cook all week-end, LOL!

@KingstonsMom   Too Hot! 😧

Esteemed Contributor

Yet here in Arizona we are going to have the coolest Memorial Day on record of 76 degrees. Loving it. So far we’ve only had 2 days of 100 degrees when usually we have many more. The one thing I do hope is that since it’s been such a cool spring we don’t have 100 degree temps into November. It’s also supposed to snow up north. Best spring ever. 

Honored Contributor

Cool, overcast and rainy in my area...so tired of the cool, rainy weather.

Honored Contributor

Every day but May 15 and 16 this month we have had severe storm watches, warnings and storms, hail, flooding and tornadoes.  

Last night a bad tornado in Oklahoma City popped up in about 4 minutes from nothing to on the ground, leveled a hotel and part of a trailer park and killed two, plus injured many.  And we have the best radars and meteorologists anywhere but it was almost without warning.

It is scary but don't ever take warnings lightly.  Or storms lightly.  It can kill you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom - I'm right there with you - in the A/C. It was in the mid 93 today with a heat index of 98 - way too hot for me.

Also, we are coming to an end of our second bike rally this month so its another excuse to stay in.

Honored Contributor

71 degrees here in the PNW.  I consider the low 70's perfect weather!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I hear you IG. Moved from Savannah last year after living there for 67 years. I lived on Wilmington Island and would walk outside early in the morning and it felt like a steam bath.  Not much cooler in North GA, mid 90's here and no rain in sight. Even with the heat I sure do miss Savannah. 

Honored Contributor

We have had 90+ degree heat all week, and the same expected for this week too.  No rain.  And I have been out in it trimming huge hollies and planting my garden.  I wanted to wait on planting until after a rain, but the plants seemed to be suffering in the pots and needed to get in the ground.  Still have more hollies to trim and 15 bags of mulch to spread but probably not this week due to scheduling issues.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@KingstonsMom  I hear you IG. Moved from Savannah last year after living there for 67 years. I lived on Wilmington Island and would walk outside early in the morning and it felt like a steam bath.  Not much cooler in North GA, mid 90's here and no rain in sight. Even with the heat I sure do miss Savannah. 

@50Mickey 

I'm on Wilmington Island too and we miss you around here!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.