Honored Contributor

Re: Record Breaking Heat Here Today!

did read about this huge heat build up in the south east for Memorial Day and beyond on the web news the other day. Don’t know if the heat will reach the mid Atlantic (where I live). Heat and i don’t mix very well.

Honored Contributor

It was only 81° (with about 10% humidity) in Phoenix today.   We are having the exact opposite of the East Coast.......and YES, it's very unusual for this time of year.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

@Sooner wrote:

Every day but May 15 and 16 this month we have had severe storm watches, warnings and storms, hail, flooding and tornadoes.  

Last night a bad tornado in Oklahoma City popped up in about 4 minutes from nothing to on the ground, leveled a hotel and part of a trailer park and killed two, plus injured many.  And we have the best radars and meteorologists anywhere but it was almost without warning.

It is scary but don't ever take warnings lightly.  Or storms lightly.  It can kill you. 

I know..always felt secure thinking my son had plenty of warning to get to safety and then this.I feel so sorry for all of the people who lost their homes.I can’t 8magine riding out a storm like that in a trailer.I am surprised that more peo0ke weren’t killed.Such a sad day for those families and their friends.

Honored Contributor

100 is way too hot for me.  It was 73 in the Midwest today.  It can stop right there, but I know we'll have a couple weeks of 100 over the summer.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Here in Savannah, GA we had record breaking heat today of 101 degrees, breaking the record for May of 100 degrees, set in 1953.

Needless to say, I've been inside enjoying the A/C all week-end!

Looks like our heat wave will last through Thursday.....UGH!

On a brighter note, at least I haven't had to cook all week-end, LOL!

And tomorrow is supposed to be another record day for heat...my heart goes out to those who don't have air conditioners. According to the news the entire week will be hot but should start to cool off in the evenings.

Valued Contributor

100 here.  I HATE hot weather!

Honored Contributor

80 is too hot for me, I don't mind 72-75 if the humidity is low.