Honored Contributor

I think any store that is going to close, is a shame. Think of all the people it will impact. We need more jobs for people ,not less.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not one bit surprised. I haven't bought anything in a sears in years. Like another poster said, the stuff is dated.

Honored Contributor

Nostaligia.... I remember buying Winnie the Pooh dresses for my daughter there and most of our baby clothes for our children. Now I purchase clothing from Lands End that they still carry. All our appliances come from Sears and they last for years. My dishwasher was fifteen years old before replacement and our dryer was almost twenty ....all from Sears.

Any of the stores I have lived by are clean, well kept and I will always shop there as long as they stay open...

Honored Contributor

Too bad if they do close but I confess it has probably been over a year since I was in our Sears store and a lot longer since I actually bought anything there. I'm not even sure we still have a KMart. I would not miss either if they close.

Respected Contributor

Re: Goodby Sears.....

[ Edited ]

We just bought a new garage door opener there. They had great customer service when we called about a part and what our options were.

look at the Q, how do they stay afloat?

Honored Contributor

I will be 79 in January 2017 and I remember going to Sears & Roebuck (its name then) when I was six.  It was like going to Disney World.

Sad, sad, sad.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

My first credit card was from Sears. That was back in the 70s. It was white with gold-ish lettering.

Honored Contributor

I remember my kids taking the christmas catalog ,and making their wish list.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

My mother ordered a lot of my clothes from Sears when I was a kid.  One of my favorite things was getting the big Christmas catalog from them and being able to circle the toys I wanted the most. 

It will be sad if they close, but I admit I don't shop there much anymore other than appliances.  I did buy a washer/dryer from them over the summer.  I do trust them for appliances.  There is a Kmart in my area but I don't go there much either because where it is located it is not convenient to get on and off the highway there and Walmart and Target are much more accessible.  It is sad for the people who will lose work.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't want Sears to go away.  It was a store for families when families were traditional and the way of life. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust