Valued Contributor

Re: Good places to live??? any suggestions?

@kaydee50

Thank you for your comments.

I hate the traffic in L.A. In many ways I would love to live in a small town.  But, for practical purposes I need to be closer to a city of some size, primarily for medical services. As I age I don't feel comfortable living too far away from a good hospital.

I will keep Henderson on my list, along with some other areas.

Frequent Contributor

The Texas Hill Country. Twenty five counties in South Central Texas. Rolling hills, forests, rivers, lakes. Many smallish cities to coose from-Fredericksburg, Kerrville, New Braunfels, etc..

Trusted Contributor

@blrc  Not anymore. The Hill Country is changing and becoming quite expensive, the charm and character are being eroded by Dallas developers and weekend/second home elites.

Respected Contributor

@blrc wrote:

The Texas Hill Country. Twenty five counties in South Central Texas. Rolling hills, forests, rivers, lakes. Many smallish cities to coose from-Fredericksburg, Kerrville, New Braunfels, etc..

I lived there for 20 yrs...so hot and humid!

Honored Contributor

This just in yesterday's news:

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - According to the real estate section in U.S. News and World Report, Colorado Springs is the most desirable place to live in the U.S. in 2018.

Colorado Springs ranked #2 the past two years and has finally unseated Honolulu.

The ranking is in part to easy access to the mountains and residents can take advantage of both hiking in the foothills and skiing at well-known resorts in the Rockies.

According to the article, the metro population is 668,643 and the median home price is $255,233 with the median annual salary of $49,450." - KRDO News 7/30/2018

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This just in yesterday's news:

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - According to the real estate section in U.S. News and World Report, Colorado Springs is the most desirable place to live in the U.S. in 2018.

Colorado Springs ranked #2 the past two years and has finally unseated Honolulu.

The ranking is in part to easy access to the mountains and residents can take advantage of both hiking in the foothills and skiing at well-known resorts in the Rockies.

According to the article, the metro population is 668,643 and the median home price is $255,233 with the median annual salary of $49,450." - KRDO News 7/30/2018

I can't imagine how Honolulu ranked at the top.  Have they been to Honolulu lately?  It's a nightmare.  Yeah, it's Hawaii but, it's still a nightmare.