Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good For Costco!

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

I'd rather Walmart do this instead of having people wait outside to get inside the place.  I was outside for 25 minutes waiting to get in.  They let one person in at a time and waiting for someone to leave. 

@Pecky,  my SIL went to our local Walmart today and was told the maximum number of shoppers allowed at one time has been set at 500. 

For once the restrictions will have little impact on my small community.  Even during peak shopping times like Black Friday or the pre-Christmas rush we wouldn't have that many people in Walmart at one time.

In larger communities I wish Walmart and other heavy traffic businesses would develop a way to eliminate the long, close lines waiting to get in.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Having been a single mom for many years (long ago), what would you have a single parent do?  Leave the kiddo(s) at home alone?

@Imaoldhippie    find a sitter... or have things delivered if you just have no one to watch the kids. 

Find a sitter while we're living through a pandemic?  How would you know the person is virus free? 

Sometimes I think at many of us can only see the world through our own experiences.  Many people are on their own.  They don't have extended family or a trusted neighbor.  They cannot afford a sitter while they go out and shop.  So a limit of how many people come into the store with them might prevent them from shopping in the store.  

Respected Contributor

Our local grocery store chain has asked people to limit the amount of shoppers per family too. Preferably one person but at this point they aren’t kicking people out if they absolutely can’t.  

Esteemed Contributor

Find a sitter? Isn't that breaking the rules we're trying to uphold? 

Agree teens can stay at home or in the car. Don't agree that parents with exhausted, front-line spouses or single parents with small children have a lot of options, so please, be kind. 

My son is working and raising young children by himself, as many women are. His childcare is closed and he is working half a week now because business has dropped off. We've been picking up his groceries as well as my in-laws, when we shop. I online shop as much as possible. At this point, I ordered groceries yesterday and first available pick up date is Thursday, 7am. I'll be there. 

We've been helping son with childcare since his closed. In my 55+ neighborhood, I have been questioned about why my grandchildren are at my house. Really? I respond factually and kindly, but reminder -- if people are doing everything they can possibly do -- they owe no one an explanation. Be kind. Even if it isn't in your nature, now's the time to practice.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Instacart is great.  I figured if I can order clothes online I can do this.  They are so busy now that getting a delivery date is a challenge.  I had groceries delivered last Wednesday and the next delivery date I could get is next Friday.  They only thing I have ordered that they have been out of is eggs.  I use them for Costco and a small local market.  They are more expensive but I am not eating out, going to movies or any of the other things that cost money.  I just wish Trader Joe's had delivery.

I have had neighbors offer to get groceries when they go.  Also a local teenager offered to do my grocery shopping for me so that might be something to look into if you live in a rural area. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was more pleased with all of the items that they will no longer accept returns on.

Honored Contributor

@liliblu wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Having been a single mom for many years (long ago), what would you have a single parent do?  Leave the kiddo(s) at home alone?

@Imaoldhippie    find a sitter... or have things delivered if you just have no one to watch the kids. 

Find a sitter while we're living through a pandemic?  How would you know the person is virus free? 

Sometimes I think at many of us can only see the world through our own experiences.  Many people are on their own.  They don't have extended family or a trusted neighbor.  They cannot afford a sitter while they go out and shop.  So a limit of how many people come into the store with them might prevent them from shopping in the store.  

Well said , 👏👏👏👏👏👏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I got an Instacart slot last Sunday for yesterday at 8 pm.

YOu have to keep trying to get a slot.  I am trying for curb picked and instacart and will take the first slot I get.

I did 2 day delivery with Costco as I didn't need anytihng fresh from there.  (Although it's no 2 day anymore, I believe it 6-7 due to demand).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Good For Costco!

[ Edited ]

I am so proud of myself for finally mastering InstaCart for a Costco order but I'll believe it when I actually see the order at my front door.  The local Costco is quite a distance from my house.  

TP and paper towels were not an option though but I'm okay in that department.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't want another person coming into my house and right now my daughter can't even get into the store's site to place an order.  She does pickup but right now, if you CAN place an order, it's an over 2 week wait.  I agree kids shouldn't be in stores but I'm not naive enough to think it's always possible.  It's so easy to sit here and dole out opinions but that always isn't the way it operates.