Honored Contributor

They have new (good) policy that will keep people from dragging their entire family (I've seen it) into the store.

Only 2 people per member card will be allowed in the store at one time.

I think this is a GREAT idea!

Honored Contributor

Instacart will shop at Costco for you, and you dont even have to be a member.....Apparently Instacart & Costco made that deal.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor
I think that’s a great idea and wish more stores would institute it. I just got back from Target and there was a woman shopping with five teenagers.

They were all completely of age to be home by themselves.

I know everyone is bored out of their minds at home and a shopping trip can be the highlight of the week but come on!
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

They have new (good) policy that will keep people from dragging their entire family (I've seen it) into the store.

Only 2 people per member card will be allowed in the store at one time.

I think this is a GREAT idea!

unless you have 3 kids and no one to watch them

Honored Contributor

Re: Good For Costco!

[ Edited ]

I agree! Kids do not need to go to ANY STORE at this time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good For Costco!

[ Edited ]

Costco is supposed to also have a limit on how many people can be in the store at the same time....it's based on sq ft of the warehouse, so that is still a lot of people....and no matter what you go to pick up, most shoppers still end up in the same area..

which is the back 1/4 of the store of my Costco. Haven't been since the virus thing started,  but we went there a few days prior...am so glad we did! 
limiting the number of people in a group to two is a very good idea...it is not uncommon to see three generations of a family in there...sometimes a couple brings several kids and grandparents with them.   

Honored Contributor

Having been a single mom for many years (long ago), what would you have a single parent do?  Leave the kiddo(s) at home alone?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Having been a single mom for many years (long ago), what would you have a single parent do?  Leave the kiddo(s) at home alone?

@Imaoldhippie    find a sitter... or have things delivered if you just have no one to watch the kids. 

Honored Contributor

i saw the new rules for Costco HOORAY, should be like this at every grocery store around the country!!!!!

if you have kids at home you should find a sitter or trade (barter) sitting duties with a person who you trust with the kids. You sit for them on such n such day while she/he does the shopping and they in turn sit on such  n such day for  you when you need to run an errand or need to go to an appointment.

that is what I did when I had 2 kids and was a single mom (husband was in military and gone on many deployments for months-years at a time) I was a single mom who made do with what I had, i figured out how to do places without the kids.

Esteemed Contributor

Boy I wish we had instacart. We have no services like that in my little town. 

Hey I used to be digo ❤️