Respected Contributor

Gonna be longer than I thought

Received an email from our pastor that the Bishop has decided to keep churches in our region closed through June.  Smiley Sad Disappointed, but totally understand the reasoning.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Gonna be longer than I thought

[ Edited ]

"Innocent" high school swimming  party in Arkansas just resulted in several (governor won't say how many) new cases of Covid 19.

It is just not smart to have large gatherings, in church or otherwise. 

Your Bishop made the right decision. I would rather be disappointed than sick or dead.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you will being missing seeing and talking with everyone.

I woke up to another email from a class I do.  It is so hard to feel that everyone has cooties and needs to be shunned.  Everyone!  Even me!  This is not how humans should live.   

Honored Contributor

Our pastor allowed we parishoners to decide if the chapel should open for services.  By quite a large margin, we voted to continue virtual services until a majority feels it is safe to return to the church building.  God is everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Any one other than the Bishop making the decision to keep the churches closed is unacceptable.

Honored Contributor

@pommom  I’d be disappointed if my church reopened any time soon. It would be irresponsible.

I’ve heard on the news about so many church gatherings that have led to COVID-19 outbreaks and even deaths. It simply isn’t safe to have gatherings like that. The virus hasn’t disappeared; it isn’t suddenly safe and no one can really make it that way at this point. There is too much we don’t know about this virus.

I plan to continue streaming church services and expect I will do that even after we are told we can attend in person. It isn’t the same experience but it is going to be a long time (if ever) until it is safe to enjoy a service filled with music and singing like I used to enjoy at church. 

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Sorry you will being missing seeing and talking with everyone.

I woke up to another email from a class I do.  It is so hard to feel that everyone has cooties and needs to be shunned.  Everyone!  Even me!  This is not how humans should live.   

@Still Raining  I know what you mean! I feel like I am not “trusting” people by keeping my distance and wearing a mask. But that is incorrect thinking and I am working hard to change it. I trust people; it is the virus I don’t trust. It could have infected anyone. And wearing a mask is because I care for others and don’t want to risk infecting them if I have somehow been infected myself. 

Honored Contributor

@pommom. If you want to be less disappointed, Google and you'll see headlines about 40 people (in Greece I think it is) contracting the corona virus from one church service. If I were you I'd thank the Bishop for being prudent and seek out services online.
Respected Contributor

All this talk about a bunch of people being exposed to the virus at churches, hair salons etc never seems to include Walmart and grocery stores. Makes me wonder why not. I know my local sushi place came out and said one of the employees had the virus and some people may have been exposed. Of course they weren't open for dining in.I really wonder how many people have been exposed at stores. It's not like it's not happening just no one is telling us these stats. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

"Innocent" high school swimming  party in Arkansas just resulted in several (governor won't say how many) new cases of Covid 19.

It is just not smart to have large gatherings, in church or otherwise. 

Your Bishop made the right decision. I would rather be disappointed than sick or dead.

I'm in Arkansas, and this doesn't surprist me one bit. The water parks here are opening soon, maybe tomorrow- not sure. Lots of places are opening back up, and people here do not want to wear masks.

A lady went to a local church last week and posted on fb that everyone wore their masks till they got inside, then most took their masks off.

I'm afraid our numbers are fixing to skyrocket.