Valued Contributor
On a day like the gold rush they should have free shipping also on all jewelry items. The shipping amounts combined are crazy. Everywhere has free shipping!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Gold Rush Shipping Charges

I saw a presentation on a 24 inch, 27.5 gram rounded box chain necklace for $1,999.00 with shipping and handling of $5.50.  If you can afford these prices, $5.50 is a drop in the bucket.  Same with the TSV.  Free shipping is an incentive for sure but not on the prices they are charging.  I'll be window shopping but not buying.

Trusted Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I saw a presentation on a 24 inch, 27.5 gram rounded box chain necklace for $1,999.00 with shipping and handling of $5.50.  If you can afford these prices, $5.50 is a drop in the bucket.  Same with the TSV.  Free shipping is an incentive for sure but not on the prices they are charging.  I'll be window shopping but not buying.

@KentuckyWoman You made me laugh with your post.  If I was ordering a $2000 piece of jewelry online I don't think it would be $5 shipping I'd be worried about.  lol

Regular Contributor

Or at least pay for shipping up to a certain amount and then the rest is free.  They used to do that on HSN - don't know if they still do.

Honored Contributor

OMG  That's funny.  If you can afford real gold prices, you aren't quibbling of some nickel and dime shipping charges.  Who would pay $699 for a braclet and balk at $5.50 to ship it?

Frequent Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

OMG  That's funny.  If you can afford real gold prices, you aren't quibbling of some nickel and dime shipping charges.  Who would pay $699 for a braclet and balk at $5.50 to ship it?

Why would you think someone shopping would only choose 1 piece of jewelry?  Of course shipping charges adds up.  People don't appreciate getting nickeled and dimed to death.  @chrystaltree

Trusted Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
On a day like the gold rush they should have free shipping also on all jewelry items. The shipping amounts combined are crazy. Everywhere has free shipping!!

------------------------------

Everywhere does not have free shipping.  Many of the places I shop at, do not.

Free shipping is another tactic to encourage us to buy more.  It's nice, who doesnt like free shipping?  But, if you end up spending $$ you never intended to,  because of free shipping, who came out ahead, you or the merchant?

Super Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Joizz11 wrote:

------------------------------

Everywhere does not have free shipping.  Many of the places I shop at, do not.

Free shipping is another tactic to encourage us to buy more.  It's nice, who doesnt like free shipping?  But, if you end up spending $$ you never intended to,  because of free shipping, who came out ahead, you or the merchant?

Good point @SuhseK.