Honored Contributor

This may be common knowledge for many, but it is new to me. I have always been clumsy with my hair styling heat tools.  For some reason the other day I wondered if there were heat resistant gloves thin enough for hair styling. I went to Amazon and sure enough there were gloves specifically made for that purpose. I ordered them, and they work great. It's a small thing , but a game changer for me. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Glad you found them. Some heat stylers come with a glove, usually just one, and that's what I've seen with curling irons mostly.

Honored Contributor

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the advantage and how do you use the glove? I bought a flat iron and it came with a glove and I don't use it. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 That is interesting. I would never have thought of it.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 That is interesting. I would never have thought of it.

@Dusty1 , What made me think of it was the Temptations gloves. Now they are too bulky for hairstyling purposes , but it got me wondering if there was a thinner variety.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the advantage and how do you use the glove? I bought a flat iron and it came with a glove and I don't use it. 

I've seen a glove used like this with a curling iron:

download (2).jpg

Or like this with a flat iron:

download (3).jpg

@Jordan2