Honored Contributor

Re: Ginger Chews

[ Edited ]

My DH buys something very similar from Trader Joes, chews them after dinner.  He also buys chocolate covered ginger from Trader Joe's. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We've received little ginger candies free with orders from a health supplements company. My son liked them and encouraged me to try one. Yowza, it made my nose start to water and I got symptoms like hay fever. No more ginger candies for me!  The strange thing is that I'm able to eat baked goods with ginger, so maybe it was some other additive in the candy. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I love ginger: the chews, the hard candies, and crystallized ginger. Some health food stores stock crystallized ginger.

@occasionalrain, crystallized ginger is used in many recipes. It should be available in most supermarkets.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Oh, gosh last year I ended up in the ER with nausea and vomiting. I was dehydrated, could not keep anything down. My heart was racing from being dehydrated. They gave me 2 bags of IV fluid and zofran for nausea. The doctor told me to take ginger candies. I could only find the chews, they are not bad but not what I would pick as a treat. They do settle the stomach. My friend said they are her favorite candies. 

Honored Contributor

I always have my stash of a ginger chews.  I buy them locally.  They come in two flavors..original and lemon added.

Both flavors are good. I buy the Prince of a peace brand.  They are made in Indonesia.

022BAC30-42EF-4AD4-8F70-4654CEE33106.jpeg

Honored Contributor
One of my daughters had real serious morning sickness and the ginger chews did help. Also, sour patch kids...
Honored Contributor

After I saw this thread I headed for my stash of candied ginger and woofed down five medium sized pieces! Woman Happy I love that stuff!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Ginger Chews

[ Edited ]

Don’t forget to get a big can of Nyakers gingersnaps at World Market. They are the real deal and loved my everyone in my family. I always take a tin of them when we go visit family who live several hours from here and they don't stop eating them. A holiday tradition for us. I also use them to make a pie crust for cheesecake.You get a couple of hundred cookies in the can..