Regular Contributor

I need a good gift idea for a girl age 12-14. This is for an angel tree at church, so I don't know anything about the girl, but all of these gifts are going to a homeless shelter. Any ideas out there in the price range of $40-50? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gift for girl age 12-14?

@pjoy  A gift card, IMO. Perhaps $40.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

sweatshirts,slippers,socks, dollar store has great little makeup sets, you can creat gift baskets with little lotios, shampoos,etc. Use creativity! Check out Target dollar isle in the front

Regular Contributor

That's my first inclination because the girl can get exactly what she wants. But the instructions are to buy a gift.

Honored Contributor

I am guessing they did not give you a size?

Maybe a cute crossbody bag with a gift card

Beauty products

Socks and tights

Scarf, gloves, hat

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I like the idea of the bag with a treat, perhaps a flavored lip gloss.

Honored Contributor

Hat, scarf, gloves, nail polishes, socks, beauty basket, lip gloss.

My niece started getting into the girlie things around 12.  The practical part of me says the warm accessories.

Honored Contributor

Gift certicate to a nice department store,

Bath=body lotion, bath gels,

I tune gift card,

winter scarf, gloves.

I movie you can play on t.v..

I have a 13 yr old grand daughter and she has been given the above gifts and enjoys them.

Honored Contributor

I have two grand daughters ages 13 and 15. One is a girly-girl, the other one is a Tom-boy.  Neither one would like lotions and potions, lip gloss or any types cosmetics or small purses or jewelry. It’s impossible to purchase anything unless I know that they absolutely want it. Girls that age are so picky.

i would purchase a small gift, such as some cute socks or gloves and tuck a gift card in the package like a Visa Gift Card or a gift card from Walmart.

i often do a small gift and a gift card when I pull names from an angel tree.  One year I had a 10 year old child who asked for warm socks, mittens and a hat.  Poor kid.  I purchased everything he wanted and gave him a gift card too.  He sounded very needy.

Honored Contributor

I’d go with the gift card tucked into a small treat.  Let her pick out something she really wants and likes.