Honored Contributor

this is my own opinion.

I would use play money and put real stuff in card/envelope. 

Honored Contributor

Make it fun and mix the real money with the fake money! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't even do a money tree. Put the money in the card,

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

A long time ago, I gave my sister a money tree, if I remember right I had bought a cheap version through Harriet Carter (is that even around anymore) and I had placed $50,00 of different denominations of bills all over the tree, and wrote in her card "Stop waiting for your ship to come in, plant this money tree and watch it grow", (or something silly like that), she plucked off that money so fast I do not even think it was fully unwrapped.

It was a cute idea though, or I thought so anyway?

In my mailbox yesterday...

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at Thu, Jun 8, 2017-11.38.04 AM.pngMy go to catalog for gadets.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

how about a metal money tree that can be used afterwards for photos?

money tree.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

A long time ago, I gave my sister a money tree, if I remember right I had bought a cheap version through Harriet Carter (is that even around anymore) and I had placed $50,00 of different denominations of bills all over the tree, and wrote in her card "Stop waiting for your ship to come in, plant this money tree and watch it grow", (or something silly like that), she plucked off that money so fast I do not even think it was fully unwrapped.

It was a cute idea though, or I thought so anyway?

In my mailbox yesterday...

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at Thu, Jun 8, 2017-11.38.04 AM.pngMy go to catalog for gadets.

About three years ago I went looking for H. Carter online to see if still in business, I wanted one of those screens above you are showing.  Sure enough they have a catalog online.  I found the screen at one of my local Walmarts so bought it there.  I could not believe I remembered this company when I began my search.  https://www.harrietcarter.com/

Remember Lillian Vernon?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I would not put play money on the tree.  What's the recipient supposed to do with that?  

Honored Contributor

I'd make the money tree and not use fake money.  The one below would not look bald without the money.

IMG_0253.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 I do remember Lillian Vernon, I used to shop through their catalog quite often!

I stopped getting catalog's years ago, but just yesterday I received a catalog from Duluth Trading, the first catalog I have received in I do not even remember how long!

I personally would rather not get catalogs and do my shopping on line, companies spend so much money on the printing & the mailing and most of it ends up in our recycable bins or worse our land fills.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I'd make the money tree and not use fake money.  The one below would not look bald without the money.

IMG_0253.JPG

That's cute