Frequent Contributor

With Halloween being right at the corner, does anyone want to share any true ghostly encounters?  I have never seen a ghost myself, but I have heard of others having such experiences.  Happy Halloween!!!

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm going to share a story that may not have had a ghost sighting but it was certainly eerie...in a good way. I think actually guardian angels were involved. Hope you don't mind.

Years ago when I lived in Atlanta my neigbor and I were in charge of Christmas decorations for the entry to our subdivision. We had a tight budget but that day I found the perfect wreaths, garland, flowers, etc. at dirt cheap prices and bought them. I was so excited, rushed home, pulled into the garage and ran in the house to call my neighbor (pre cell phones) and tell her about it. As we were talking someone rang her doorbell. She wasn't presentable and didn't want to go to the door. The side of my house faced the front of her home so I told her I would look out my window and see who it was. We were both expecting to see the usual door to door salesman. When I looked out, OMG, my little dog was sitting at her front door!!! I dropped the phone and bolted over there to get him before he took off. Turns out I had left my garage door up and didn't close the house door securely and he escaped. The weird thing was she and I both looked everywhere but never saw the person who rang her doorbell.....there was nobody.😲  

I will never, ever forget this story. And I'm so grateful to the "spirits" who were watching over me and my little dog that day. Oh, and the Christmas decorations turned out great, too. Ha!   

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped Great read - interesting...........leaves many questions.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby and I stayed one night in an older house that had been made into a B&B (bed/breakfast).  Settling down for the night, lights out hubby snoring..... I sensed something or someone came through the locked door and was at the end of our bed.  Me - could not sleep.

At breakfast - the owners a young couple mid thirties - went     on about the friendly ghost that lived in the cellar.  Came with the house and they told stories about their  encounter with him on the basement stairs.  

Only then did I tell what I had felt - owners said they didn't doubt it.

This spirit had once owned the property - but didn't have a bad 'ending' as far as they knew.

Honored Contributor

Nope, never saw a ghost, and I have been on several Ghost tours around town.

However, I was staying with my Dad, and he asked me to take him to the hospital.  Turned out, that was the last time he was at home.  They had to transfer him to the VA Hospital which was about 2 hours away from his house, so he went ahead in the ambulance and I stayed overnight the house to wash some clothes and pack before driving over the following day.  I stayed with him at the VA a few days and then my sister took over after their family got back from a vacation.  

I had previously given him for Christmas one of those digital picture frames loaded with some pics. On the day of the funeral we all met at the house.  When I walked in the pictures were scrolling in the picture frame.  I asked had they turned it on and they said no.  Only one other person, a neighbor, had a key to the house, but he said he had not entered it.  I know the frame was off when I left to go to the hospital because it was not on the entire time I was there with my father.  

Then, the next time I showed up at the house I found 3 pennies on the floor in front of the chair that I always sat in.  I called them Pennies from Heaven.

Honored Contributor

I think I may be living on top of an ancient burial ground....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ghost Sightings?

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

When I looked out, OMG, my little dog was sitting at her front door!!! I dropped the phone and bolted over there to get him before he took off. Turns out I had left my garage door up and didn't close the house door securely and he escaped. The weird thing was she and I both looked everywhere but never saw the person who rang her doorbell.....there was nobody.😲  

@pupwhipped   Maybe someone saw your little fella at the door and thought, "look at that short little guy!!  He's never gonna be able to reach that bell.  I'll run over there real quick and help."  😄

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi Tall us more..........................please  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

An uncle of mine died unexpectedly.  My aunt found him when she arrived home from work. 

One of my cousins lives in a care home.  He is childlike in a lot of ways.  The care home is quite a distance away from the house where my aunt and uncle lived.  I guess my aunt could not get there to tell him in person, so she called.

After he was told, he said his dad had come to see him, and had told him everything would be alright.

His dad was already dead at the time he said the visit occurred, and the staff had no record of my uncle visiting since the last time my aunt and uncle had gone there together.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Here is my story.

My grandmother lived in a home at the end of the city limits in her town.  Previously, there had been another home on the property and the rumor was that the ghosts scared the previous owner to the point that she ran out of the house screaming and refused to go back in.  Not long after, the house burned down.

My grandparents bought the property and built a small house.  I always spent the summer with my grandmother and one summer afternoon I was waiting for my grandmother to come back in the house after tending to her large garden.  I heard the wooden screen door slam and when I went to the back of the house to see my grandmother, she was in the far back of her yard.  No one had been anywhere near the house.

Visitors to her home who spent the night would say that a woman would come into the front bedroom during the middle of the night but did not try to frighten them.  However, my uncle and his Navy buddies refused to stay in the house after dark.  I cannot remember the stories that they told, but none would stay there either with another person or by themselves.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!