Honored Contributor

Re: Getting ready for fireworks!

You are lucky to live right in the center of so much activity. My first thought of big cities is crime, but it doesn't seem to be an issue since you go out alone and you mentioned police presence on the busy holidays.

Trusted Contributor

The police drove down our street and spoke to the folks thru their microphone not to put any fireworks up in the air.  Hahahah what a joke.  As they drove away, people resumed and yes we saw more corporation style fireworks yet we live in a residential district.  Lots of beautiful colors and loud booms.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they would just go to bed now, where I live.  It's likely going to be an all night event.  They start out at dusk and they are still going.

Wonder why people waste so much money on pyrotechnic stuff?  I hope the stupids can eat next week.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh my gosh, they started here last night.  Some of the loud booms sound like cannons.  My little dog was shaking horribly all night long...and that was only July 3rd.  Not excited to see what is in store for him tonight.  Bless his sweet little heart.  I feel so horrible for him.

Hi, SurferWife.  I hear ya.  Our kitty was doing the same thing.  I think it's a bit worse for dogs though.  I'm so sorry this happened.  It really is obnoxious.  XO  Hope Toby is feeling better now.