Respected Contributor

Re: Getting our first snow in Indiana

@orangegarnet wrote:

Awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   Heart  Oh she'll get to loving it..  I thought the first picture was a deer..   Thanks for sharing!!

It's hunting season here so usually I have her coat on her so no one mistakes her.  They say greyhounds love the snow - can't wait till it gets deep and she can just tear across the yard in the snow!

Valued Contributor

Stay safe out there!

Respected Contributor

@LoriMI wrote:

Stay safe out there!

@LoriMI - oh, I have no intention of getting out there as slick out as it is - don't kneed to break anything! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Enjoy it, if you like it!  I don't  know if we'll see any snow here before we leave. Don't know if I want to or not.  I don't like the way it's so gloomy when it snows.  But the snow is pretty. 

It's a typical fall day @ 56 degrees, but no wind and the sun is warm. 

We just walked to the neighborhood bakery to get sticky buns for an informal neighborhood brunch tomorrow. 

No one's flowers have died.  Everything is in full bloom.  Grass is greener than green.  But lots of trees still have bright yellow leaves on them that line the street.  (Maple?)It's so pretty in the morning when the sun comes up, the street glows gold.

Enjoy your pie.  That sounds soooo good!

Respected Contributor

Here in Chicago near O'Hare, we had about 6" so far, just shoveled the back, heavy back breaking, heart attack snow, so please everyone be careful out there, there is so much slush underneath that a snow blower will not be a help, I'm now resting, getting ready to do the front before the bottom layer freezes

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Making it feel more like the holidays - SNOW!  I am just mesmerized when snow is falling!  Doing laundry and baking an applie pie - nothing like it on a Saturday! 

Ick...I hate it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

f578a054f21763ccb020e86d0630438e.jpg

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Here in Los Angeles, not snow.  Not even rain. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Making it feel more like the holidays - SNOW!  I am just mesmerized when snow is falling!  Doing laundry and baking an applie pie - nothing like it on a Saturday! 

We were just in the Indianapolis area last week.  We were there visiting family, and drove from Maryland.  Looks like we timed that trip right.  Snow is ok as long as I don't have to drive in it, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"