Honored Contributor

So, I'm not going to lie, I love getting notifications! I love signing in and seeing how many notifications I have (how needy am I)! It's like validation, someone read what I had to say, I don't care if you agree with me or not, if it's a heart or a mention, it doesn't matter to me. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I the biggest loser?

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't really paid attention to it in months and months.   My notifications says "99+"  Glad this makes you happy!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Notifications

[ Edited ]

I like the @ feature because I don't like to ignore somebody who is trying to dialogue with me.  If the @ feature is not used I won't know if somebody is responding or asking a question or providing some input.  I may miss one or two sometimes, though.

Now if it is being used to fight, then that is a different story.  On my part, too.Woman Embarassed

I like to give hearts to posters to let them know I read their responses, especially on threads I start.  I may not respond with something else to say but at least I can acknowledge that they took the time to read and/or responded.

I don't like ignoring posters. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

When I ask for recommendations or help with a problem, I like to acknowledge anyone who replys.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yes. I like to get notifications also. I look forward to seeing them each day when I sign on. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I think people in general like to be recognized for a thought they take the time to post. My thing is, it irks me when posters read things into my post or won't let something go. I will try to resolve things, but after awhile I just don't care any more. I wish I could block posters who always react negatively to my posts, there are a few and I wish they would just pass my posts by. I guess I just have to not respond to them.

Honored Contributor

I like them for the reasons mentioned @Jordan2 , plus they remind me to go back to a thread that I wanted to check up on and may have forgotten about or couldn't find.  I can look back and find a conversation that I wanted to see how others felt about after I posted something.

Did that make sense?  LOL   I like to see what others have to say or how they feel about topics. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

This is a positive thread, for the most part, and I'll continue that trend with my agreement. I do like the notification feature.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

yes, they are the first thing i look at when i am on the boards.

i especially like seeing the @  mentions because i want to go back to either respond to the mention or heart it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, I'm not going to lie, I love getting notifications! I love signing in and seeing how many notifications I have (how needy am I)! It's like validation, someone read what I had to say, I don't care if you agree with me or not, if it's a heart or a mention, it doesn't matter to me. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I the biggest loser?

It was nice of you to share this. Now that I know you enjoy the notifications I  will try to remember to always heart you. It is always nice when we can make someone feel good.