Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Called Baby By Strangers.

After all we've been through the past year and a half, having someone call me baby is the least of my worries. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

OMG !!! REALLY !! Dont sweat the little stuff move on Geez!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cringe when strangers call me hon, sweetie, and other names. I'm a very capable senior, not dead. It's such a minor thing in life that I smile, know they mean well, and forget it.

Trusted Contributor

I honestly don't even think about it.  With all going on in my life, to me this is just not a big deal at all.

Life is short, don't sweat the small stuff.

Honored Contributor

Just a note. Men get called Hun, Sugar, Dear, Sweetie, etc. on a regular basis also by women they don't know. I was just called Hun by the checkout girl at Walmart the other day. It's just the way some people talk. It doesn't bother me at all. It shouldn't bother anyone. There are much bigger issues in the world to worry about.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Good grief another trivial thing, I know I have been called a lot worse.  Its nothing and getting upset over such triviality is a waste of your time and engery.  So you dont like it, but the man thought he was doing a nice thing.  Be grateful and happy you will live longer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I had a workman come over the house awhile back, and he kept calling me "kid".  Woman Very Happy

I'm in my 60's, he probably was too, but I got a kick out of it and thought it was funny. 

Didn't George Costanza on 'Seinfeld' start this whole calling everyone "baby" a trend? Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I put this in the "looking for something to be offended by" category.  The intent was not to offend  annoy, belittle or anything else.  If thst is the worse thing that happened to you today be grateful and move on.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

I was not aware that I called everyone honey, darlin or dear until I heard my son tell his friend "My Momma calls everyone honey, darlin or dear but she doesn't mean anything by it" when they were eight years old.  

Sometimes it is just part of the person.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@DrakesMomma   I realize some folks just do it automatically.

I have been called hon, honey or sweetie many times over my many decades. Don't care for it but whatever.

Baby, babe or doll irks me.  Reminds me of a some sleaze in a leisure suit trying to impress women.

Since it seems to be acceptable next time a strange man drops something instead of saying, "excuse me sir, you dropped this"  I'll try, "hey baby, is this yours".