Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

Here in South Texas its been hotter than normal since May.    We are expecting 99 and 100 until July 4th.

@Kachina624Except for the coastal areas and East Texas, we've haven't had any rain except for a couple of sprinkles everything is so dry here too........  And this does not speak well with the the 4th of July coming up.....Even though fireworks are illegal in town (except for designated safe zones) that doesn't stop people from buying and smuggling them into the city limits...with how dry it is I hope it doesnt turn into a disaster.....One guy that runs a Firework Stand said there are only certain types of fireworks he will sell because of the dry conditions.....

And on top of that we get the African dust coming in this week....

I HATE SUMMER!!! Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue

Image result for grumpy cat hates summer meme

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

I hate the hot and humid weather.  I think it is unhealthy stagnant air and when the elderly and those with respiratory conditions are warned not to be outside in this type weather, it speaks volumes.  I am never motivated or energetic in the heat as I am when it is cool.  The heat zaps my strength and I have to resort to air conditioning for relief.

I am thankful I live in an area where we have different seasons.  I could never live in a constantly hot climate.To all those who do, you have far more tolerance for heat than I.

Same here....I physically feel ill in humid hot conditions...headaches, sinus, lethargy, all over malaise....I seem to be very affected by weather

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@ruthbe wrote:

I live in Phoenix.  Yes people say a dry heat.  But it is still hot.  We have been between 105 and 110.  Next week 115.  I remember when I lived back east, during the heat waves, at least at night it would get cooler.  Not here.  Especially in July and August.  Still over 100 at 10pm.  And still in the 90's during the night.  We never get a break.  And we have had over 100 days of no measurable rain.  And the day that it did rain was only .004.  Not a lot.  We have had less that 3/4 of an inch of rain ALL year.  Talk about dry!!!

And please don't say just move.  My family lives her....or I would gladly move.  I hate the desert.

Yeah,  but in  a few months other people will be complaining about snow, sleet, freezing rain we will be basking in the glory. I agree, I hate it when I go outside to feed my stray cats at 5:00 and the low is 95. 

@Meowingkitty   I don't want it to be warm in winter but I don't like frigid either.  That's why I like the Albuquerque climate.  We definitely have four seasons but they're not extreme.  Get a little snow but not enough to be bothersome.  Most winter days I wear an unlined jean jacket or sweater.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I would take the cool weather over heat and humidity any day.  The heat just zaps me and makes me feel ill. Not all the time, which is weird, but most of the time, which is why I spend most of the summer indoors with the air. This summer, I am going to make a point to get outside when it is not scorching, if I can. I need a little bit of sun.

Respected Contributor

I can tolerate 90 degree temps, if the humidity and dew point are low.  But I don't live where conditions exist.  Right now while it is only 68, the humidity is 94% and the dew point is at 66%.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

@wagirl  Yes! Nice here isn’t it?  I love the 60 degree days!   I am not complaining as the hot will come eventually 🙁

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt.  We've got the Rio Grande running right through the middle of Albuquerque with high stands of cottonwood on both sides.  There are paved trails people use for walking, bicycling, horseback riding etc.  They get downright paranoid in a dry summer about fire in the Bosque.  The fire dept. and police patrol it and chase off squatters.  There was a small fire there this afternoon, much less than an acre, and 12 big fire trucks from 3 communities showed up.  The cottonwood trees are shedding their cotton right now and they say its extremely flamable.  They're very protective of that area.

Honored Contributor

Central Ohio is in for a heat index around at least 104 this weekend. 

Not unheard of, but higher than most of our warm weather. 

I'm getting to the age where heat and humidity this high, messes with my body as much as the bitter winter cold. It seems I can stand the excessive weather either way, less and less as I age. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

I have my heat on too!  I've been wearing my heavier jacket outside too. I'm not complaining though. 

We'll get the warmer weather soon enough.  Usually after the 4th of July.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

What do you mean heat everywhere?  After 102° today, We're supposed to chill down to 94° tomorrow and over the week-end.  I just hibernate like those in Minnesota do in January.

That's hot, @Kachina624!  But, don't you get a dry heat?  Here in MA it's gonna be in the 90s to 100* this weekend and into next week.  The high humidity is what makes it really miserable!

@eddyandme.  Yes, its very dry.  Late afternoon humidity is usually about 5-7%.  I know how miserable humidity is as I lived in Houston over 30 years.