Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The heat is already here in Colorado! It came two days ago. I think today will set a new record high for Colorado Springs...101' The heatwave is moving east so get ready for it.

@SilleeMee.  Did you hear that the Carson National Forest (Taos area) is now closed in addition to the Santa Fe National Forest?  There's almost no place in Northern NM where people can camp or recreate.  Theres a new fire burning South of Taos.

@Kachina624

No, I did not hear about that fire. The only one I new about in NM is the grass fire near Roy.  Here the five fires are still burning in the San Juan Forest. I just heard another one is burning near La Veta, too. Fire danger is so bad this year! It's really bad for the tourist season. Some of the private camp grounds along the front range near Colorado Springs are closing because of lack of water and high fire danger. 

Honored Contributor

Heat index climbing to 105 for the weekend.

*sigh*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

No surprise it’s hot in the summer!

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

wish i was there!

Me too.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

No surprise it’s hot in the summer!

@GenXmuse  HA!  I can take "hot" up to a certain temp; but triple digit heat index thankfully doesn't go on all summer.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I work outside, all day, every day, 5 days a week.

For all those who wish they had my job:💪🏽. We have to be.

On the eastern seaboard.  Heat indices exceeding 100 this weekend.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Here in VA we have been teetering around 90 degress for about the last week. Meteorologists have been calling for the heat index to be 3 digits for the same length of time.  I can only imagine what late July and into August will feel like.

Esteemed Contributor

99 degrees tomorrow with humid heat index of 109 in the St. Louis area....Same for Saturday.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

It's not hot where I live, either....on the CA Central Coast.  My furnace came on this morning,since the house temp dipped below 66.

Our winter temps aren't so different than our summer temps.  In the winter, I see so many threads started here that say "It's cold everywhere!"

Esteemed Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I live in Phoenix.  Yes people say a dry heat.  But it is still hot.  We have been between 105 and 110.  Next week 115.  I remember when I lived back east, during the heat waves, at least at night it would get cooler.  Not here.  Especially in July and August.  Still over 100 at 10pm.  And still in the 90's during the night.  We never get a break.  And we have had over 100 days of no measurable rain.  And the day that it did rain was only .004.  Not a lot.  We have had less that 3/4 of an inch of rain ALL year.  Talk about dry!!!

And please don't say just move.  My family lives her....or I would gladly move.  I hate the desert.

Yeah,  but in  a few months other people will be complaining about snow, sleet, freezing rain we will be basking in the glory. I agree, I hate it when I go outside to feed my stray cats at 5:00 and the low is 95.