Honored Contributor

Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

First, my prayers go out to people living in the area of wild fires.  I pray for rain for you.  Chicago here - today 87 but heat index is higher and tomorrow even hotter.  Everyone in this heat wave -- stay inside if you can, check on the elderly to make sure they are in air conditiong.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

wish i was there!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's going to be extremely hot and humid in western Michigan over the next few days as well. It's not the first time we've had temps in the 90's this season and probably won't be the last. It's summer. It gets hot. Just like it gets cold and snows in the winter. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Here in East Texas our heat index has been triple digits for several days and expected to stay that way until after the 4th holiday.  My air conditioning bill last month for May was a shock I thought it was August already.  It is a looooong time until Halloween and much cooler days for us. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I hate summer.  I'm a winter person.  Give me cold weather any day.  Hate heat and humidity.  It makes me feel really bad.

Honored Contributor

The heat is already here in Colorado! It came two days ago. I think today will set a new record high for Colorado Springs...101' The heatwave is moving east so get ready for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in upstate NY, where the heat index is predicted to be in triple digits this weekend. That is a rare occurrence, although climate change may make it more common. I intend to spend most of my time indoors.

Esteemed Contributor

heat wave expected here in RI....my teenage grandchildren are playing n a softball tournament all weekend....wish they would post-pone it....just not healthy to see those kids playing in 90+ heat and humidity.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL, 87 is Hot!!!  We've been in the heat for way over a week now, heat index in the triple digits!  We are having thunderstorms now caused from the excessive heat  ........  I live in the South!